GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sexual content in games?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 10/02/02 at 19:58
Regular
This is perhaps the touchiest subject of all in the gaming world, however it has been the topic of conversation on many websites and magazines over the past couple of years. As the years pass by, and technology progresses, reality becomes further and further involved in gaming. However, how long will it take before things become a little 'too lifelike' in our modern day gaming world.

In Japan, they already have published games revolving around sex and such matter with ludicrous detail and I ask how long will it be before they're shipped over here.

At the moment, the closest me come to seeing beautiful women on screen are in games such as 007 James bond- Agent under fire. Our age restrictions on games are fare these day's but that doesn't stop youngsters being able to purchase games such as GTA3 under-age. So how long will it take before these women are exploited in such a way that the women will be real and it will just be filmed as an FMV sequence. And poor innocent little Joey asks" Mom, what do you call that thing?"

How long will it take, it only takes a short look at the uncivilized Japanese market that it becomes dauntingly clear and frighteningly closer.

I apologise if this upsets any viewers but I feel it is a genre to be addressed and to have action taken to stop such forcoming games.
Sun 10/02/02 at 19:58
""Meth""
This is perhaps the touchiest subject of all in the gaming world, however it has been the topic of conversation on many websites and magazines over the past couple of years. As the years pass by, and technology progresses, reality becomes further and further involved in gaming. However, how long will it take before things become a little 'too lifelike' in our modern day gaming world.

In Japan, they already have published games revolving around sex and such matter with ludicrous detail and I ask how long will it be before they're shipped over here.

At the moment, the closest me come to seeing beautiful women on screen are in games such as 007 James bond- Agent under fire. Our age restrictions on games are fare these day's but that doesn't stop youngsters being able to purchase games such as GTA3 under-age. So how long will it take before these women are exploited in such a way that the women will be real and it will just be filmed as an FMV sequence. And poor innocent little Joey asks" Mom, what do you call that thing?"

How long will it take, it only takes a short look at the uncivilized Japanese market that it becomes dauntingly clear and frighteningly closer.

I apologise if this upsets any viewers but I feel it is a genre to be addressed and to have action taken to stop such forcoming games.
Sun 10/02/02 at 20:01
Regular
they would be good games if they were produced and handled correctly
Sun 10/02/02 at 20:09
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
"Sexual content in games?"

Yes please.
Sun 10/02/02 at 20:11
Regular
swander87 wrote:
> "Sexual content in games?"

Yes please.

LOL you could just buy DVDs if you wanted to see stuff like that
Sun 10/02/02 at 20:24
they should sell a ps2 games that all naked women, u press x and it changes women, O changes brest size and triangle shaves off her privates.
Sun 10/02/02 at 20:30
Regular
big_slow wrote:
> they should sell a ps2 games that all naked women, u press x and it changes
> women, O changes brest size and triangle shaves off her privates.

that would stay number 1 for ages...

... until you pressed it too many times and up came ann widdecombe and mandy dingle
Sun 10/02/02 at 21:14
Regular
"360: swfcman"
O....k....

Now dont get me wrong, i like the games like DOA 2 that are known for their women characters and all, but have sexual content in games seem a little...strange. I mean, its only really used in films to produce a bit of interest, i mean more men will go to see a film where a good looking woman will get her kit off than one that wont. But having some polygons and stuff on your computer taking there kit off seems darn strange and pointless over all to me.

If you want to see women get there kit of regular on your tv get an X-rated movie.
Sun 10/02/02 at 21:52
Or an actual woman
Sun 10/02/02 at 21:54
Regular
G®åpô²ºº¹ wrote:
> Or an actual woman

LOL
Sun 10/02/02 at 21:59
I remember very well the hilarity of playing Half Life with naked women characters and this kind of thing should definitely be included in PS2 games. If the game is an 18 they should put some pixellated nudity in, just for the hell of it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.