GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"'It's like something out of War of the Worlds!'"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 28/08/07 at 16:02
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
I'm learning to drive at the moment so I drove my parents into the town's supermarket and parked as you would expect in the carpark. I decided to wait in the car and listen to the Radio whilst they went shopping.

A bit of time passed and cars came and went. I was sat there admiring a rather nice Porsche that had just pulled up when suddenly the radio switched off. No biggy really, but then I noticed the Jeep in front of me that was driving past died at the exact same time too. The driver got out and looked rather confused to say the least. A moment passed then I tried the radio again and it was fine and the Jeep was on its way again. It was just so odd, it was like the seen out of War of the Worlds when all the batteries are fried before the invasion.

Another carpark story on the same day, this time I was texting someone and I looked up and saw an old couple in their car about to leave their place. They had to reverse and did so (they even did all their observations, as my instructor always reminds me to do). Then the driver started to turn to face the exit. At the time I thought it was going to be very tight, if not impossible to get out of without hitting the car parked in the next bay, but I thought the driver would reverse further before attempting to drive straight. This must have been too easy though, so instead the driver just drove into the back of the parked car! I almost yelled 'I told you this would happen!' but resisted, good job too seeing as I hadn't actually told them whatsoever, but just thought it. Anyways, I thought they would get out and have a look at the damage and perhaps leave a note with their details etc. but instead they simply drove off, shaking the car they hit as they did so. Not even slowing to survey the damage. Luckily you couldn't tell what had happened, not even a small scratch was present. But it was unbelievable, they didn't even stop to have a look to see if they had damaged the car!

---
Also, someone gets a prize (well not really) for saying which film the title is said in.
Tue 28/08/07 at 16:02
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
I'm learning to drive at the moment so I drove my parents into the town's supermarket and parked as you would expect in the carpark. I decided to wait in the car and listen to the Radio whilst they went shopping.

A bit of time passed and cars came and went. I was sat there admiring a rather nice Porsche that had just pulled up when suddenly the radio switched off. No biggy really, but then I noticed the Jeep in front of me that was driving past died at the exact same time too. The driver got out and looked rather confused to say the least. A moment passed then I tried the radio again and it was fine and the Jeep was on its way again. It was just so odd, it was like the seen out of War of the Worlds when all the batteries are fried before the invasion.

Another carpark story on the same day, this time I was texting someone and I looked up and saw an old couple in their car about to leave their place. They had to reverse and did so (they even did all their observations, as my instructor always reminds me to do). Then the driver started to turn to face the exit. At the time I thought it was going to be very tight, if not impossible to get out of without hitting the car parked in the next bay, but I thought the driver would reverse further before attempting to drive straight. This must have been too easy though, so instead the driver just drove into the back of the parked car! I almost yelled 'I told you this would happen!' but resisted, good job too seeing as I hadn't actually told them whatsoever, but just thought it. Anyways, I thought they would get out and have a look at the damage and perhaps leave a note with their details etc. but instead they simply drove off, shaking the car they hit as they did so. Not even slowing to survey the damage. Luckily you couldn't tell what had happened, not even a small scratch was present. But it was unbelievable, they didn't even stop to have a look to see if they had damaged the car!

---
Also, someone gets a prize (well not really) for saying which film the title is said in.
Tue 28/08/07 at 16:39
"possibly impossible"
Hm. Could have been sunspots, known to cause interference. But, yeah, sounds a bit weird.
Tue 28/08/07 at 17:04
Regular
". . like the seen out of War of the Worlds . ."
Tue 28/08/07 at 18:04
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
tnc wrote:
> ". . like the seen out of War of the Worlds .
> .
"

*scene but still doh!
Tue 28/08/07 at 19:09
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Chicken Little.
Wed 29/08/07 at 01:30
"possibly impossible"
That's one of those weird films that I can't decide whether I like or not.

I've had to watch it so many times now, since my daughter loves it, and there are some neat bits, but it's lacking something...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.