GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"TOCA"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 10/02/02 at 11:01
Regular
We all remember TOCA from the PS1 right? It was a good game that really brought us our first feeling of true racing sim games. It had the lot, great graphics, totally destroyable cars and massive tracks. But the one thing that i remember is the at times dodgy control system where you would spin on corners if you put your foot down on the gas. As you will know this was slightly annoying and seemed to me to carry on a little throughout the series, though i never got the last one that was released.

Looking on the upwire news: (http://special.reserve.co.uk/news/story.php?id=1474)

The new game looks great with really good graphics and the cars look very 'whole' and realistic. I just hope that its not let down by its predesors bad handling. Hopefully they will come up with something similar to GT3. But on what information that has been released this game looks like it could be the best TOCA to date, there is a rather large number of tracks there along with two of my favourites Silverstone and Donington Park, and other tracks from all over the world such as France, Germany, Italy and even America to name a few.

But also there are lots of cars as usual and there seems to be lots of different championships too which can only be good for the lastability rating. And if i remember rightly isnt there also a story mode in, similar to the one on Ridge Racer type 4? It can only make it better!

Should be good!
Sun 10/02/02 at 11:01
Regular
"360: swfcman"
We all remember TOCA from the PS1 right? It was a good game that really brought us our first feeling of true racing sim games. It had the lot, great graphics, totally destroyable cars and massive tracks. But the one thing that i remember is the at times dodgy control system where you would spin on corners if you put your foot down on the gas. As you will know this was slightly annoying and seemed to me to carry on a little throughout the series, though i never got the last one that was released.

Looking on the upwire news: (http://special.reserve.co.uk/news/story.php?id=1474)

The new game looks great with really good graphics and the cars look very 'whole' and realistic. I just hope that its not let down by its predesors bad handling. Hopefully they will come up with something similar to GT3. But on what information that has been released this game looks like it could be the best TOCA to date, there is a rather large number of tracks there along with two of my favourites Silverstone and Donington Park, and other tracks from all over the world such as France, Germany, Italy and even America to name a few.

But also there are lots of cars as usual and there seems to be lots of different championships too which can only be good for the lastability rating. And if i remember rightly isnt there also a story mode in, similar to the one on Ridge Racer type 4? It can only make it better!

Should be good!
Sun 10/02/02 at 11:06
Regular
"  "
looks great doesn't it!!
Sun 10/02/02 at 12:26
Regular
"Whatever!"
This is a game I am really looking forward to!! Looks amazing!!
Mon 11/02/02 at 00:52
i thought the handling on toca was pretty realistic (not that i've ever driven a TOCA car) you had to be careful with your car instead of chucking it round corners which you wouldn't be able to do in real life. the new game sounds excellent and along with FFX and MGS2 is on my list of must buy games of 2002.
Mon 11/02/02 at 21:09
Regular
i guessed a game on this word come out, i even made a topic a couple of months before it came out about it, i love toca world touring cars, me and my brother will play 50/50 for this
Mon 11/02/02 at 21:11
YUS!! I cant wait for the new TOCA, surely it was the most original realistic game back then..
Mon 11/02/02 at 21:46
Regular
"360: swfcman"
When i got the first Toca i loved it as there was no other game out there quite like it, but as i played it more and more the control and handelling started to really put me off, i always seemed to skid off the corners if i put even only a small amount of acceleration on.

As the games went on though i began to like them more and more and the new one should be great!
Mon 11/02/02 at 21:53
Regular
if i ever win GAD again i will chose this if i win before it comes out
Fri 15/02/02 at 11:30
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
The TOCA games have always been my faves, The handling has improved with each new version - The ability to pull the car back into a straight line when you are just about to lose on a corner by just accelerating through is just awesome and makes for some great moments. Cant wait for the PS2 version to come out.
Fri 15/02/02 at 19:31
Regular
"Whatever!"
There is the first movie of TOCA up and running on next months PSW DVD!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.