GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rez love it or hate it?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 09/02/02 at 21:22
Regular
Everyone who goes onto these forums seems to worship + adore Rez but all my m8's think it looks crap! I have to agree with my mates. I don't understand how a little wire man floating through a "female computer" travelling to kill "viruses" is fun. Ok, so the first 20 mins it might be fun making sounds with the funny shooting sounds but then won't it get downright boring???????
Don't tell me "Rez is an experience" or "Rez doesn't need graphics is has too much of everything else" because that doesn't really explain how it is so good. Is it addictive? I completed the demo and didn't have the need to go back and play it again in fact i was quite pleased it was over because the background beat was shaking so hard( i no u can turn it off)
So tell me why you love it so or if you agree with me or if in the rare case that you think it looks okay.
Sat 09/02/02 at 21:22
Everyone who goes onto these forums seems to worship + adore Rez but all my m8's think it looks crap! I have to agree with my mates. I don't understand how a little wire man floating through a "female computer" travelling to kill "viruses" is fun. Ok, so the first 20 mins it might be fun making sounds with the funny shooting sounds but then won't it get downright boring???????
Don't tell me "Rez is an experience" or "Rez doesn't need graphics is has too much of everything else" because that doesn't really explain how it is so good. Is it addictive? I completed the demo and didn't have the need to go back and play it again in fact i was quite pleased it was over because the background beat was shaking so hard( i no u can turn it off)
So tell me why you love it so or if you agree with me or if in the rare case that you think it looks okay.
Sat 09/02/02 at 23:25
Regular
I love it. If you wanna know why, read my review in PS2 reviews.
Sat 09/02/02 at 23:42
Regular
I dont hate it, just find it incredibly boring.
Sat 09/02/02 at 23:42
Regular
Dont really like it or hate it. Just dont think it will have a long life span.
Sat 09/02/02 at 23:44
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
One thing for sure, I'm not going to buy it! The demo could keep me entertained until I get compleatly bored of the whole idea.
Sat 09/02/02 at 23:53
I think its opssibly one of the best games I'll never buy.
Sun 10/02/02 at 11:14
Regular
Well let me ask you this REZ lovers why did you buy a PS2 if you wanted Wire Graphics the whole point of new consoles is getting better and better graphics why do you think they cost so much.
Sun 10/02/02 at 11:18
Regular
If you think graphics is all there is to a console, then you are sadly mistaken. Rez is a hugely original game, and the beauty of it is that it doesn't need graphics to be good. We can all learn something from this game....

...Go and watch more movies.
Sun 10/02/02 at 12:30
Regular
The_Flying_Hawkstar wrote:
> Well let me ask you this REZ lovers why did you buy a PS2 if you wanted Wire
> Graphics the whole point of new consoles is getting better and better graphics
> why do you think they cost so much.

Just because the graphics aren't "realistic" doesn't mean they are not good graphics!
Rez's graphics have a unique style. I think they are beautiful graphics.

And by the way, how many of you Rez dissers have actually played the whole game? By the sound of it, most of you have only played the demo.
Sun 10/02/02 at 12:35
I have Rez on the Dreamcast and I'll be getting it on the PS2 hopefully on day of release. I hate it the way someone said "You all worship Rez". Rez is a great game and deserves all of the claim it gets, if you ask me. Sure, it's abstract, but don't let that put you off what I consider to be game of 2002 so far. One question: will it be direct port from the DC version? I would have thought so, as they're released reasonably close together.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.