GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Morrowind and difficulty"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind'.
Mon 23/12/02 at 09:34
Regular
I am not sure how to make gold and secondly I seem unable to hit anyone in combat. I am stuck and have just bought this game. I need a little advice and some prompting on this game.
Sat 28/12/02 at 11:22
Regular
"smile, it's free"
When you're attacking something, listen for the sound your weapon makes when you swing it. There are three different sounds - one for a hit, one for a miss within hitting range, and one for a miss when you are out of range.

Listen for the sound made when you miss your opponent. If you get the 'miss out of range' sounds, get closer and face your opponent. If you are getting the miss within hitting range, there are two possible reasons:

1) Your skill with the weapon you are using is too low (as mentioned by everyone else).

2) Your fatigue is too low. When you have a low fatigue, your chances of success with all activities (fighting, casting spells, lock picking, etc) is drastically reduced. Try to make sure your fatigue is nearly full when you enter a fight, or do anything else for that matter.

As for making money, there are several ways to do this. Just as a little tip, take note of the fact that the prices you buy and sell goods for will vary a LOT, depending on how much the trader likes you. It may well be worth spending a lot on bribe money to improve his disposition towards you. It will save you a lot of money in the long run.
Mon 23/12/02 at 13:19
jacko18 wrote:
> Ok and how do I increase my level. I need quite a bit of help?

Level up your major skills 10 times.
Not each one 10 but a mixture, or even the same one, until you have leveleleedup major skills up 10 times.
Youll then get a message about resting.
Sleep, and when you wake up youll have gained 1 level.

Levelling up your major skills differs depending on what they are.

Eg.
Longsword - Fight with a longsword
Umarmoured - Take off your armour and get beat up (No, Im not joking)
Mysticism - Use magic in this category
Acrobatics - Jump down cliffs. The more damage you do to yourself from jumping the quicker youll level up.
Mon 23/12/02 at 12:24
Regular
Look at your major & minor skills - (I don't know what type of character you've chosen) - and try to improve them, either by finding people who offer training (when you talk to them) or fighting easy creatures in the wild like rats.
It takes a short while to beef yourself up, but before long you'll be quite powerful.

Get yourself a decent weapon and some armour that suits your character type.
Steal stuff from crates (be careful not to be seen) and sell them to traders.
Join a Guild that suits your character type (in Balmora).
Make friends with people when you can.

If you've literally just started, explore the first village, nick stuff, sell it, make some money, tool yourself up, practice your fighting skills on creatures in the area just around the first village. Take your time.

What type of character are you?
Mon 23/12/02 at 11:28
Ok and how do I increase my level. I need quite a bit of help?
Mon 23/12/02 at 09:34
I am not sure how to make gold and secondly I seem unable to hit anyone in combat. I am stuck and have just bought this game. I need a little advice and some prompting on this game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.