GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"grand theft auto san andreas"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 26/08/07 at 21:36
Regular
"eeast weeeeeeeeeezy"
i've completed it 7 times its easy any one else
Tue 28/08/07 at 20:04
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
Biggie Little Jr wrote:
> Vice City GTA3 San Andreas

he speaks good sense making words.

SA got too complex and bitg for its own good. vice city was just awesomeness
Tue 28/08/07 at 13:03
Regular
I don't mind the "boyz 'n the 'hood" slant to the game; and the attempt to show "gangsta" living in a place that's obviously supposed to be Compton.. but equally, being GTA, it's not very realistic in the way it deals with it. The story was pretty interesting and weaved around a decent amount, which I actually quite liked, but some of the plots and all the problems within a gang were a tad overplayed. Considering L.A "gangstas" aren't like those in the Mafia; clearly earning a living; they're simply self-made and I think that for a more involving San Andreas there needed to be some sort of hint that they had struggles in their lives other than "Smoke's dimed us out".

That said, the visual representation of '80s Miami in Vice City was excellent; with the gas-guzzlers you'd expect and the characters clearly modelled on other films (e.g Ken Rosenberg as Sean Penn, Carlito's Way). Likewise, although I thought the game was inferior, the involving and seedy atmosphere of Noo Yoik in GTA3 was supoib; and I could actually imagine it being the red light district - rather than the slightly overly glamorous version of an L.A ghetto in San Andreas.

The point to that post?.. I'm not sure there was one
Tue 28/08/07 at 12:33
Regular
"you've got a beard"
San Andreas did indeed have some excellent touches to it, such as the physique control, levelling up attributes, etc and the scale can`t be faulted at all (plus if you want to ride a BMX off a cliff and parachute down.. you can. quality!). However, for me the problem lay in the context. I enjoyed Vice City because of the setting, the music, the visuals, the fact that you can take over the whole game wearing a hawaiian shirt if you like. GTA3 - the whole italian gangster angle, i can get on board with that. But i have no desire whatsoever to do street ganging, wife beater wearing, homeboy mischief.

it just doesn`t appeal to me. if they used the SA engine and stuck Vice City onto it, it`d rock, but boyz n` da hood? nah, not for me.

Daily Mail says - Very_Metal is closet racist. Oh, and San Andreas was bad because of the immigrants ;)

[EDIT] - i`ve just noticed that the content of this post nullifies my original point that i thought SA was poor, because i thought the game itself had some nice touches. therefore i retract my original statement on teh grounds that i hadn`t thought it through properly.
Tue 28/08/07 at 02:11
Regular
If they did I'd have to agree that the Run DMC track was indeed the better offering of 'Walk This Way', and anyone who thought otherwise was clearly VERY wrong.
Mon 27/08/07 at 22:32
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Let's hope they don't ask you about Aerosmith, EH TNC?
Mon 27/08/07 at 19:00
Regular
"eeast weeeeeeeeeezy"
lol
Mon 27/08/07 at 18:27
Regular
Funny you should say that.. I'm applying to study law for the 2008 intake.

With AAAB at AS, I'm on track.

=)
Mon 27/08/07 at 18:11
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
tnc wrote:
>Shtuff.

Thanks. You should be a lawyer. Or a therapist.

And that post deserves a thread in itself.:)
Mon 27/08/07 at 13:05
Regular
For me San Andreas has the edge on the details. The changes and new options; like recruiting a crew, riding a bike, building muscle, eating etc all really add to the game.

Likewise, I prefer the missions - they seem to have a little more variety than in previous titles. And, of course, the sheer scale of the game is pretty damn impressive.

I still think GTA3 has the hardest missions; I started having to do multi-retakes on certain missions from a few into Azukas. However, I only got a bit further than that because I've always preferred the other two games.

It's the little, yet important, things that help make the game. In Vice City it was the ability to jump out of a moving car; something which really hinders GTA3, as if the Police are after you on a mission it's more than a bit hard to try and manouvre the smoking getaway vehicle from the Police's range and bring it to a standstill. Vice City also introduced flight in a big way, which speaks for itself. In San Andreas it was the ability to swim and parachute, which helped vastly. After all - it meant when on a chase that sheer drops and water were no longer a problem.

San Andreas is the game which I can feel is most realistic, as you move through a huge environment that resembles several American states more than a city; passing through open country and outpost communities, desert etc. L.A is a good representation, as is Vegas - and the different atmospheres of each is clear. GTA3 also accomplished a realistic atmosphere, of New York, in Portland - yet there is little change over the bridge. Vice City did Miami well, and things like Little Haiti and Havana offer some diversity - but only in gang clones.
Mon 27/08/07 at 12:56
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
tnc wrote:
> Oh, and;
>
> San Andreas > Vice City > GTA 3

Yep. In my opinion SA probably only beats VC for sheer scale, though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.