GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Always Room For Improvement"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 09/02/02 at 13:42
Regular
One thing that slightly annoys me about videogames is that when I've been playing a game for a period of time I can always comprehend ways and ideas that would have greatly improved the game I'm playing.

Take Rez for example, even though I really like this game, I must say that I have many ideas on how the game could be improved.

So the question is: if I (a mere gamer) can see how a game can be improved, why can't the game's creators see it whilst the game is still in development?
And what is doubly annoying is when it is glaringly obvious what is missing from a game, and the developers still don't make the necessary inclusions and alterations to the gameplay.

I'M SURE I AM NOT ALONE IN THIS, SO I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO HEAR HOW YOU WOULD IMPROVE CERTAIN ASPECTS OF THE GAMEPLAY & STRUCTURE OF GAMES YOU'VE PLAYED.

I'll start.

Crazy Taxi - the mini games are not very good.
So below are a few of my ideas for better mini games that would have definately added to the game's appeal:

*MINI GAME IDEA 1: The baseball team coach has broken down, and all the baseball players are stranded without transport outside each one of their houses. As an emergency measure, your cab is called to pick up all the baseball players (who are scattered around the city) and get them to the baseball stadium in time for the start of the game. There would obviously be a time limit in which to achieve this.

*MINI GAME IDEA 2: A Japanese tourist wants to go on a sight-seeing tour of the city, and in keeping with the game he is an impatient so-and-so, and he wants to see all the sights as quickly as possible. On his command you have to drive to his randomly requested destination and stop outside so he can take a photograph. This is continued until all the major landmarks of the city have been covered. Again, there would be a time limit in which to achieve this.

*MINI GAME IDEA 3: A pizza delivery guy has fallen off his motorbike and has injured himself. Being a caring cabbie you decide to take his pizzas and deliver them for him. Before the pizzas go cold (i.e. within the time limit) get them to the waiting customers who are situated throughout the city.

I could go on and on but I'll stop.....
Sat 09/02/02 at 13:42
Regular
One thing that slightly annoys me about videogames is that when I've been playing a game for a period of time I can always comprehend ways and ideas that would have greatly improved the game I'm playing.

Take Rez for example, even though I really like this game, I must say that I have many ideas on how the game could be improved.

So the question is: if I (a mere gamer) can see how a game can be improved, why can't the game's creators see it whilst the game is still in development?
And what is doubly annoying is when it is glaringly obvious what is missing from a game, and the developers still don't make the necessary inclusions and alterations to the gameplay.

I'M SURE I AM NOT ALONE IN THIS, SO I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO HEAR HOW YOU WOULD IMPROVE CERTAIN ASPECTS OF THE GAMEPLAY & STRUCTURE OF GAMES YOU'VE PLAYED.

I'll start.

Crazy Taxi - the mini games are not very good.
So below are a few of my ideas for better mini games that would have definately added to the game's appeal:

*MINI GAME IDEA 1: The baseball team coach has broken down, and all the baseball players are stranded without transport outside each one of their houses. As an emergency measure, your cab is called to pick up all the baseball players (who are scattered around the city) and get them to the baseball stadium in time for the start of the game. There would obviously be a time limit in which to achieve this.

*MINI GAME IDEA 2: A Japanese tourist wants to go on a sight-seeing tour of the city, and in keeping with the game he is an impatient so-and-so, and he wants to see all the sights as quickly as possible. On his command you have to drive to his randomly requested destination and stop outside so he can take a photograph. This is continued until all the major landmarks of the city have been covered. Again, there would be a time limit in which to achieve this.

*MINI GAME IDEA 3: A pizza delivery guy has fallen off his motorbike and has injured himself. Being a caring cabbie you decide to take his pizzas and deliver them for him. Before the pizzas go cold (i.e. within the time limit) get them to the waiting customers who are situated throughout the city.

I could go on and on but I'll stop.....
Sun 10/02/02 at 10:36
Regular
I always think this too. Why didn't they that, why didn't they do this. I can usually think of something that should have been included and wasn't in most games I play.

I like the Crazy Taxi mini game ideas. There was something like baseball players one in a DC game called Super Runabout.
Sun 10/02/02 at 17:05
Regular
"That's right!"
Oh yeah, I'm sure EVERYONE thinks

"Hey, why can't I do this? They should've included that! Well, maybe in the sequel..."

But what you want rarely appears, unless you get a job with the company

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.