GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anything bout The Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers (EA)."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers'.
Mon 23/12/02 at 21:02
Regular
Yeah, Yeah, I know! It's one of ma krappy threads that go "Anything bout ________". well, here's another one. N now it's bout The Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers, not the almighty godly film, butt the almighty godly game. Nway, as I expect this to fail, and yet I'm still doing this cos I dont have anything else to do.

So, just to start things up. Any comments on the game?
Tue 31/12/02 at 22:01
"griever"
the best christmas present is your head on a stick
Tue 31/12/02 at 21:50
Regular
"The flux capacitor!"
You started it by forgetting to commit suicide :P
Tue 31/12/02 at 21:47
"griever"
well he started it by being born
Tue 31/12/02 at 21:42
Regular
"Still luv her?! dun"
Ooohhh!! Flux!! Get him! Get him!

*Not that I have anything against you, it's just that you started it on Flux.
Tue 31/12/02 at 21:23
"griever"
just like u
Tue 31/12/02 at 21:14
Regular
"The flux capacitor!"
LOTR is shitee.
Tue 31/12/02 at 21:05
"griever"
upgrade everything and set it on easy
Mon 30/12/02 at 19:41
Regular
"Still luv her?! dun"
I'm kinda stuck now. It's the last level I think. You know, where you have to protect the Uruk-Hai from destroying that massive gate. Ma game always ends after I rescue Aragon (When I play as Legolas).
Mon 30/12/02 at 19:41
"griever"
it really is great
Mon 30/12/02 at 19:29
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I got The Two Towers the day after Boxing Day (Gawd bless sales) along with Ico and Deus Ex.

Most things you've probably heard about this game are true: the graphics are pretty amazing, the seemless jump from intro to gameplay at the beginning is a nice touch, and personally I liked the way they made each level not just your basic hack 'n' slash fest but added a nice 'puzzle' element in that to get the best score (converted to upgrade points for your characters between level) you have to use a bit of thought about how you attack your enemies.

Best of all (for me) is there is the 'game map' showing you where you can go next as long as you meet all the preceeding requirements, so no guessing how long the game is or how many levels there are or what you need to do to unlock bonus levels and movies, it's all there laid out for you.

If you're good with beat 'em up genres then you'll probably fly through this game in a matter of hours though. But there's replay value in that each time you play through the game you can do so using different characters and seeing how well you can develop them. Plus of course its got elves in it, always worth an extra couple of points.

My advice is see the films before you play it, because you really do get the impression you're 'in' the film controlling events, which is a first for PS2 gaming, so worth buying it just for this novel experience.

As for Ico and Deus Ex: Don't play Ico when you're tired because it'll just lull you off to sleep, it's great to play when you're awake though, very relaxing. Deus Ex on the other hand is surprisingly better than the PC version except for the loading sections between levels, e.g. instead of the first level Liberty Island being all one it's split up into 4 or 5 sections, having to reload each time you move from one area to another, but that free roaming 'do as you wish' kinda gameplay is still there and is what makes the game so great.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.