GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Love it when that happens."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 26/07/06 at 15:08
Regular
Also titled 'The Curious Incident of the mouse in the thunderstorm'

Well, on Saturday I was idly enjoying myself on the Internet when a thunderstorm came across to disrupt the Internet connection.

As the computer does this quite a lot I mistook the 'symptons' and decided it was the laptop's fault, curing it in my usual sweet-tempered and dewy eyed manner of beating the hell out of it.

Only this time I watched, horrified, as the mouse sailed out of my hand and into the computer screen. Now, I thought how could that be a problem, after all I've left knuckled marks from screen-punches before. How wrong I was.

It looked like broken glass at the point of impact though no indent could be felt. Then these strange multicoloured lines spread out and obscured the screen. The upshot is now that the only bit of screen that works is an inch on the left-hand side.

I was asked to print something by one of my parents yesterday and, by a miracle, I managed to. As long as I can blag it (not have to get the laptop out) until I go on holiday then when I come back the blame can be pinned on it falling over in the cupboard.

I have to go on the old laptop though and I can't let my parents see me or questions would be asked. Also, as it's 'laptop for teachers' scheme handout it can't be repaired until the summer holidays end in about five weeks, even after I tell my parents.

The best I can hope for is to be able to tell them then spend some time on the old laptop before the new one is repaired. It should be charged to the school budget (as happened last time when I burned the insides out with coffee)

Great. Fantastic even. I'm sure there's a moral in there somewhere. Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to introduce Mr Penknife to the laptop.
Tue 15/08/06 at 13:44
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
You got a GAD for this!?

Mind you it is funny and I can relate to it!
Mon 14/08/06 at 20:36
Regular
Of all the things I've posted I thought this was about least likely to get a GAD.

Cheers though ^.^

Oh yeah, and to provide some useful follow-up; the repair bill is set at a cost of £350 so that definitely will not be payed for by my parents. They were eventually told but the circumstances made it look like it'd just happened. Oh dear, I'm good ;D
Wed 02/08/06 at 16:53
"nitrogoat.co.uk"
That's computer abuse ...
Wed 26/07/06 at 15:08
Regular
Also titled 'The Curious Incident of the mouse in the thunderstorm'

Well, on Saturday I was idly enjoying myself on the Internet when a thunderstorm came across to disrupt the Internet connection.

As the computer does this quite a lot I mistook the 'symptons' and decided it was the laptop's fault, curing it in my usual sweet-tempered and dewy eyed manner of beating the hell out of it.

Only this time I watched, horrified, as the mouse sailed out of my hand and into the computer screen. Now, I thought how could that be a problem, after all I've left knuckled marks from screen-punches before. How wrong I was.

It looked like broken glass at the point of impact though no indent could be felt. Then these strange multicoloured lines spread out and obscured the screen. The upshot is now that the only bit of screen that works is an inch on the left-hand side.

I was asked to print something by one of my parents yesterday and, by a miracle, I managed to. As long as I can blag it (not have to get the laptop out) until I go on holiday then when I come back the blame can be pinned on it falling over in the cupboard.

I have to go on the old laptop though and I can't let my parents see me or questions would be asked. Also, as it's 'laptop for teachers' scheme handout it can't be repaired until the summer holidays end in about five weeks, even after I tell my parents.

The best I can hope for is to be able to tell them then spend some time on the old laptop before the new one is repaired. It should be charged to the school budget (as happened last time when I burned the insides out with coffee)

Great. Fantastic even. I'm sure there's a moral in there somewhere. Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to introduce Mr Penknife to the laptop.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.