GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Future is Free! Know your Human Rights!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 18/09/00 at 14:33
Regular
When the European Human Rights Law becomes British Law next month, Article 10 - Freedom of expression, may mean that the BBC license fee/ Television License is unlawful on the basis that it infringes the rights of people to receive information freely. For years gamers have been frustrated that they need a TV license in order to play their Amigas, playstation, N64 or Dreamcast.
The TV license also discriminates against poorer people who may not have the money to pay for a TV license, Article 14 - Prohibition of discrimination, may now mean that I'll be able to use the internet through my Dreamcast for free.
Not to mention the obvious breach of privacy by the BBC in detecting TV's in private homes (see BBC/ TV licensing website see http://www.tv-l.co.uk/ )… Article 8 - Right to respect for private and family life, may make this illegal. Did you know the TV license detector can, I quote:

"Not only will we be able to see where the television is and what's being watched on it, we'll know on the spot whether it's licensed."

For a full list of your Human Rights see

http://conventions.coe.int/treaty/EN/Treaties/html/005.htm

Europe has finally done something good for a change!, now we finally have the right to be innocent until proven guilty! See the website, know your Human rights. A prisoner in Austria has already won a court case in Europe, and is now entitled to TV in his cell, and a Newspaper everyday. Should we have to pay to surf the internet on our Dreamcasts, play a video on our videorecorders or pay for the BBC when we only watch Sky sports. See the website, know your rights.. The Future is Free!
Tue 19/09/00 at 15:27
Dear Moderator, Im sorry the 1st message is in a forum about the millenium Dome, I'm therefor going to post the message in the television Forum. And maybe a few of the other major Discussion Topics because Human rights are vital to us all. Thanks, keep up the good work
Tue 19/09/00 at 15:18
Sorry I put this accidentally in the Dome catagory, It should have been in a Category all its own, so sorry if you see this message twice.
Tue 19/09/00 at 14:56
Do we really want to get rid of the good old BBC...

Why yes of course we do the money twisting scoundrels..
Mon 18/09/00 at 14:33
When the European Human Rights Law becomes British Law next month, Article 10 - Freedom of expression, may mean that the BBC license fee/ Television License is unlawful on the basis that it infringes the rights of people to receive information freely. For years gamers have been frustrated that they need a TV license in order to play their Amigas, playstation, N64 or Dreamcast.
The TV license also discriminates against poorer people who may not have the money to pay for a TV license, Article 14 - Prohibition of discrimination, may now mean that I'll be able to use the internet through my Dreamcast for free.
Not to mention the obvious breach of privacy by the BBC in detecting TV's in private homes (see BBC/ TV licensing website see http://www.tv-l.co.uk/ )… Article 8 - Right to respect for private and family life, may make this illegal. Did you know the TV license detector can, I quote:

"Not only will we be able to see where the television is and what's being watched on it, we'll know on the spot whether it's licensed."

For a full list of your Human Rights see

http://conventions.coe.int/treaty/EN/Treaties/html/005.htm

Europe has finally done something good for a change!, now we finally have the right to be innocent until proven guilty! See the website, know your Human rights. A prisoner in Austria has already won a court case in Europe, and is now entitled to TV in his cell, and a Newspaper everyday. Should we have to pay to surf the internet on our Dreamcasts, play a video on our videorecorders or pay for the BBC when we only watch Sky sports. See the website, know your rights.. The Future is Free!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.