GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mafia - a GTA beater?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Mafia'.
Tue 24/12/02 at 09:58
Regular
I know I'm going to get a lot of disagreements here, but I genuinely think that Mafia is better than GTA3. Now Vice City is another matter, but I'll be able to decide for myself tomorrow ;)

Mafia has better graphics, is more realistic, has better and varied missions, has better voice acting and so the list goes on. The only thing that GTA3 has on Mafia is that, of course, you'll get loads more playing time out of it.

But still, I got Mafia Saturday night, but I've played it loads before that, and I can safely say that it is a total gem - something you should all get. Does ANYONE agree with me here? :P
Sat 28/12/02 at 12:49
Regular
"bit of a brain"
gamer2007 wrote:
> gta3 kills any game except vice city every knows that

You truly are a fool.

And I got bored of GTA3 way before I got bored of Mafia. GTA gets bpring around the same time you unlock the second island.
Sat 28/12/02 at 12:44
Regular
"Colourless"
Mafia wins hands down over GTA3
Sat 28/12/02 at 04:47
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> Mafia IS better than GTA3. There really is no contest.

gta3 kills any game except vice city every knows that
Fri 27/12/02 at 14:42
Regular
"The flux capacitor!"
4 vs 2

WE WIN! It's official! 2/3 of the population think that Mafia is better than GTA3 :D
Tue 24/12/02 at 21:28
Regular
"Max Power"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Quite simply - no.
>
> Mafia is a fantastic game, but after you complete it there's naff all
> to do on it. I completed it in a week, and sold it on eBay.
>
> I'm still playing on GTA3 now, and Vice City will last for a similar
> time.

same for me there is nowt to do when youve completed mefia
Tue 24/12/02 at 21:17
Regular
"Notable"
agreeable it is better.
I'll come to a more meaningful conclusion when i get a better graphics card.

:¬D
Tue 24/12/02 at 21:15
Regular
I prefer Mafia

GTA gets so incredibly boring
Tue 24/12/02 at 21:04
"High polygon count"
Quite simply - no.

Mafia is a fantastic game, but after you complete it there's naff all to do on it. I completed it in a week, and sold it on eBay.

I'm still playing on GTA3 now, and Vice City will last for a similar time.
Tue 24/12/02 at 19:23
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Mafia IS better than GTA3. There really is no contest.
Tue 24/12/02 at 09:58
Regular
"The flux capacitor!"
I know I'm going to get a lot of disagreements here, but I genuinely think that Mafia is better than GTA3. Now Vice City is another matter, but I'll be able to decide for myself tomorrow ;)

Mafia has better graphics, is more realistic, has better and varied missions, has better voice acting and so the list goes on. The only thing that GTA3 has on Mafia is that, of course, you'll get loads more playing time out of it.

But still, I got Mafia Saturday night, but I've played it loads before that, and I can safely say that it is a total gem - something you should all get. Does ANYONE agree with me here? :P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.