GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Perception"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 08/02/02 at 20:05
Regular
Ok, I'd like it to be known that when writing this I'm not planning it, but am just letting it all flow out.

Anyways, I want to talk about how people see things. I don't mean, is that colour green and if it's green how do I know you see it's green and all that nonsense. I mean, about your feelings towards things, how you see individuals and how you respond to certain things.

The truth. Everyone of us here is human. We live in a world in which we do accept everything around us. We mostly believe in science and tend to believe things that are put across to us everyday. We live in this place, in which although how ultimately stupid it may sound, we accept it. How, everything formed together to make it the way it is now. I'm gonna try and steer away from the topic of the Big Bang and everything, because that is all a matter of opinion and even though it is another from of perception, I think it's best we leave it.

The only thing that tells you something is the way it is, is due to your senses. Without them, you'd be unaware of anything. You take away sight, and you can no longer see the beauty, that the world has to offer. You take away your sense of touch and you feel no pain. You can have examples for all of these. You find the individual people who are willing to make the difference. But, only after something has happened to them. No matter what anyone says, we can all be known as selfish. Why am I not out there helping the disabled? Or, will I begin to help them, once it happens to me?

You see people. You talk to them and some people have a gift. That gift is understanding people at a glance and perhaps this is a bad thing. You see someone and judge them on appearance. The truth being though, that we all do it and try not to. We'd all see a homeless person and see images in our mind that relate to past things. Image is the most important things. I'm trying to put across to you something that seems impossible. It's how I see things.

How, every time a situation comes up, I wonder whether I made the right decision. After all, it's the small things in life that matters. You wonder how and why people act the way they are and hate yourself for not achieving what you could and can. You see life like a game. Only being able to see your hands in front of you, in a different perspective. You learn. You try and look at things in a different way. You try to progress and proceed.

Reading through things on the forums, you see a lot of peoples perspective on things. Whether it be how much they love something, such as a console, to their beliefs on life. I don't believe in science, nor God. I find it hard to believe that all of a sudden something happened and then 4000 million years later, here I am. I always don't like the feeling that someone else is in control. I have my own free will. I am my own person.

Trust. Something that is hard to come by. How many people here could honestly go to a friend, telling them, you've murdered someone and even though there is a £300,000 reward up for the capture of you, know that they wouldn't grass you up? There is a conflict of interest a moments. When, your friends want something and so do you. How do you react to it? It all depends on the person. We all treat people differently. If this topic was posted by Tony. The replies would be of a different type. The same goes for a notable. It's our perspective and how we see things. We see a tree. We accept it for being there. How can you really say it is? This is all sounding Matrix like and I'd like it to be known that none of this came from watching the film, just an idea that came to mind.

As er-no said. Memories are what make us. This could be said to be true. You don't touch fire because you get burnt. We only find this out the second time round. It's hard to say how people react to different things, but the world I'd like to live in, is one that doesn't make people fear walking home at night. One, that doesn't give people a reason to be embarrassed. One, where people are equal regardless of appearance and one where people are free.
Fri 08/02/02 at 20:05
Regular
"Wasting away"
Ok, I'd like it to be known that when writing this I'm not planning it, but am just letting it all flow out.

Anyways, I want to talk about how people see things. I don't mean, is that colour green and if it's green how do I know you see it's green and all that nonsense. I mean, about your feelings towards things, how you see individuals and how you respond to certain things.

The truth. Everyone of us here is human. We live in a world in which we do accept everything around us. We mostly believe in science and tend to believe things that are put across to us everyday. We live in this place, in which although how ultimately stupid it may sound, we accept it. How, everything formed together to make it the way it is now. I'm gonna try and steer away from the topic of the Big Bang and everything, because that is all a matter of opinion and even though it is another from of perception, I think it's best we leave it.

The only thing that tells you something is the way it is, is due to your senses. Without them, you'd be unaware of anything. You take away sight, and you can no longer see the beauty, that the world has to offer. You take away your sense of touch and you feel no pain. You can have examples for all of these. You find the individual people who are willing to make the difference. But, only after something has happened to them. No matter what anyone says, we can all be known as selfish. Why am I not out there helping the disabled? Or, will I begin to help them, once it happens to me?

You see people. You talk to them and some people have a gift. That gift is understanding people at a glance and perhaps this is a bad thing. You see someone and judge them on appearance. The truth being though, that we all do it and try not to. We'd all see a homeless person and see images in our mind that relate to past things. Image is the most important things. I'm trying to put across to you something that seems impossible. It's how I see things.

How, every time a situation comes up, I wonder whether I made the right decision. After all, it's the small things in life that matters. You wonder how and why people act the way they are and hate yourself for not achieving what you could and can. You see life like a game. Only being able to see your hands in front of you, in a different perspective. You learn. You try and look at things in a different way. You try to progress and proceed.

Reading through things on the forums, you see a lot of peoples perspective on things. Whether it be how much they love something, such as a console, to their beliefs on life. I don't believe in science, nor God. I find it hard to believe that all of a sudden something happened and then 4000 million years later, here I am. I always don't like the feeling that someone else is in control. I have my own free will. I am my own person.

Trust. Something that is hard to come by. How many people here could honestly go to a friend, telling them, you've murdered someone and even though there is a £300,000 reward up for the capture of you, know that they wouldn't grass you up? There is a conflict of interest a moments. When, your friends want something and so do you. How do you react to it? It all depends on the person. We all treat people differently. If this topic was posted by Tony. The replies would be of a different type. The same goes for a notable. It's our perspective and how we see things. We see a tree. We accept it for being there. How can you really say it is? This is all sounding Matrix like and I'd like it to be known that none of this came from watching the film, just an idea that came to mind.

As er-no said. Memories are what make us. This could be said to be true. You don't touch fire because you get burnt. We only find this out the second time round. It's hard to say how people react to different things, but the world I'd like to live in, is one that doesn't make people fear walking home at night. One, that doesn't give people a reason to be embarrassed. One, where people are equal regardless of appearance and one where people are free.
Sat 09/02/02 at 10:56
Regular
Perception: the way we see things, sense things, feel things, is perhaps the most important thing in life: it makes us who we are.
I believe we should always try to 'see' the world and everything in it with 'fresh eyes'- from the ordinary to the extraordinary.
Openness is the key. I try not to take anything for granted. I try to appreciate even the smallest and most insignificant of things.
We should always take time to stop and wonder, because in reality even the most ordinary and mundane things are in fact extraordinary.
Sun 17/02/02 at 09:58
Regular
"Wasting away"
Cinnamon wrote:
I try to appreciate even the smallest and most insignificant of things.
We should always take time to stop and wonder, because in reality even the most ordinary and mundane things are in fact extraordinary.

I like your attitude on things. It's very true what you say "we should always take time to stop and wonder". Although, too much thought it probably a bad thing. The more you think, the worse everything appears.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.