GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"CHEATER!!!!! Exposed here...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 08/02/02 at 19:58
Regular
So who's the latest cheater to be exposed on the Gameaday site....

Well lets see...

He's a regular who's currently been on here for 238 days and has been lucky enough to win Gameaday 3 times.

His tagline's "Corrs are wonderful", he's made 869 posts with 74406 words! He's posted 6 cheats and submitted an amazing total of 72 hints. He's also submitted 3 reviews but is yet to copy, sorry I mean submit his own walkhroughs.

So what has he done?

Well here's one of his Skies of Arcadia hints for Dreamcast:

Hidden Audio:
Turn on your Dreamcast w/o a disc in it. Go to the cd player option. Then, insert either one of the SoA discs into your Dreamcast, and you will be able to play a humorous piece with the voices of Vyse, Aika, and Fina. This also works in a computer, and probably a regular cd player.

For a start, I've tested this out and it does NOT work. I also found a website with this on, and these hints were also on it:

The Ultimate Looper:
Found insde the Dark Rift on the Yafutoman side where you fought Anguila. You can find him after Soltis rises through the vortex. He is extremely strong and has a high defense. He also runs away a lot (the little wuss). His attack takes off at least 3000-3500 HP. I recommend being at least a level 55-65. You should use increm on Vyse and use Pirates Wrath or Prophcey and heal every turn. There is a very high chance you will have fatigue, and you should bring some curia crystals.You gain 7500 exp., 20 magic exp., and 15000gold (a lot, huh).

Useful Information - Part 1:
You need to have Ryu-Kan for this to work. After Soltis rises from the vortex go underneath it and into the vortex. While inside use the radar to locate items under the ground. If something hits look around in the area (it might take you a while, getting into the fights and all) but if you're lucky you'll find an item called Velorium (there are two pieces down there but you need only one). Take this Velorium to Ryu-Kan and he will forge Vyse's best weapon. Happy Hacking!

NOTICE: He's copied the "Happy Hacking!" part, as if he'd really type that out himself at the time......

Useful Information - Part 1:
When your ship (Delphinus) gains the ability to travel in the lowest and highest altitudes fly your ship to the highest altitude (so you won't get into annoying fights with weak enemies) and position your ship directly above Valua. Face north and fly directly straight until you see an island with a castle on it. Enter the island and you will meet a chemist. Ask him to join your group and he will say no. Leave the isand and come back. Ask him to join your group again and he will say he will only follow someone who knows the spell Riselem. If you know the spell he will join your crew and set up a shop on the island. Give him 1000 dollars to upgrade his shop and he will sell Magus seeds and other important items to boost your strength, power, vital, ect.

NOTICE: The last two hints he's both titled "Useful Information - Part 1" How can they both be part one?

Anyway, do you want me to give you the address of the page I found them on? (I also found the top one on another site, exactly the same wording.)

Here it is: http://www.gamer-revolut ion.com/games/codes /dreamcast/skies_arcadi a.htm (remove spaces)

It's all there, word for word.

Now don't you start telling me that hints are like cheats and there is only one way each one can be performed. Hints can be worded totally differently to have the same effect. Infact, people can make up their own hints that they develop from playing the game.

So who is this cheat?

cooldogs he calls himself.

In my opinion, taking advantage of the competition, despite being a regualr who has already won 3 times, is selfish, greedy and cannot be forgiven. He is not welcome on the boards in my opinion.

Note: When posting hints, someone is bound to look elsewhere as well as here to find them. And make sure they work, I got a bit confused when his first one didn't! That's why I used Lycos to search to see if it was copied as it's usually the copied ones that don't work (especially that first one, which is also on another site which Lycos found me). Basically, don't copy them as you will be found out.

So what's the punishment for cheating?
Fri 08/02/02 at 21:58
Regular
AfroJoe wrote:
> TomUK wrote:
> Edgy, you do know that you are breaking the rules too?

It
> says in the GAD FAQ
> that you shouldn't post topics in the forums accusing
> people as this will stir
> up trouble. It says to e-mail them
> instead.

Just thought I'd point that out.

--------

He has probably
> e-mailed them too. Have you Edgy?

um....yeah.....

(opens Outlook)
Fri 08/02/02 at 21:56
Regular
TomUK wrote:

It says in the GAD FAQ
> that you shouldn't post topics in the forums accusing people as this will stir
> up trouble. It says to e-mail them instead.

Whoops, thanks for pointing that out!

I honestly didn't know that, and apologise to all the staff.

Can I suggest maybe sending emails of updated rules every time they're updated though? I don't usually read the rules often because I know the general ones, like no spamming, swearing etc.
Fri 08/02/02 at 21:54
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
TomUK wrote:

It says in the GAD FAQ
> that you shouldn't post topics in the forums accusing people as this will stir
> up trouble. It says to e-mail them instead.

--------

He has probably e-mailed them too. Have you Edgy?
Fri 08/02/02 at 21:51
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Edgy, you do know that you are breaking the rules too?

It says in the GAD FAQ that you shouldn't post topics in the forums accusing people as this will stir up trouble. It says to e-mail them instead.

Fri 08/02/02 at 21:50
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Edgy wrote:
> Mouldy Cheese wrote:
> If you copy and paste the hints from another site,
> it's cheating. If you get the
> hints off another site, but put them in your
> won words, it it not.

So there.

Exactly (although if you've made
> up/developed the hints yourself, it's more satisfying to see them on the site :)
> )

Hey Edgy the way you built up the revelation of the offender was a nice touch not usually seen on these sort of topics.
Fri 08/02/02 at 21:47
Regular
Mouldy Cheese wrote:
> If you copy and paste the hints from another site, it's cheating. If you get the
> hints off another site, but put them in your won words, it it not.

So there.

Exactly (although if you've made up/developed the hints yourself, it's more satisfying to see them on the site :) )
Fri 08/02/02 at 21:39
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
If you copy and paste the hints from another site, it's cheating. If you get the hints off another site, but put them in your won words, it it not.

So there.
Fri 08/02/02 at 21:37
Regular
shaneo / salevaa / firebalt / allardini what ever you want to call him
Fri 08/02/02 at 21:34
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Kid Rock wrote:
> AJ wrote :

You don't try for GAD do you KR? You
> just got lucky with
> that Devil May Cry review.

:D

exactly i didnt even check the winners
> because i never win

-----------

But you won though..... :D

Who told you you had won GAD when you did?
Fri 08/02/02 at 21:21
Regular
AJ wrote :

You don't try for GAD do you KR? You
> just got lucky with that Devil May Cry review.

:D

exactly i didnt even check the winners because i never win

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.