GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Can someone help a DVD Fool"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 08/02/02 at 18:28
Regular
Right having felt pleased with myself and having bought a dvd player (pc) and got every thing working fine with english DVDs i am looking into this region thing. I understand that different places have different regions but I was wondering if it is possible to play say American DVDs. Can you change the region of your DVD player or some how multiregion your DVD player? Its probably obvious to most people but I don't know.
Sat 09/02/02 at 14:12
Regular
"You Will Bow To Me"
Ash1ey wrote:
> region locked?
some drives are hardware-locked into a specific region. I have a special reserve PC, which means it cant be switched around with a normal program.

i downloaded dvd genie v4.05 is it compatible with win DVD
> 2000?

i think it is... if you run the program it'll list all the compatible ones - best bet is to just try it.

And a link for Fogmaster is:

http://www.inmatrix.com/files/dvdgenie_download.shtml
Sat 09/02/02 at 10:41
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
check the place you downloaded it from, it will probably tell you somewhere, can you post the link?
Sat 09/02/02 at 10:29
Regular
region locked?

i downloaded dvd genie v4.05 is it compatible with win DVD 2000?
Fri 08/02/02 at 20:12
Regular
"You Will Bow To Me"
Ash1ey wrote:
> thanks, I kinda thought this was the case. Is it possible make your dvd player
> change unlimited amounts of times?Software?

If your DVD drive is not region locked, then try searching for 'DVD Genie' - just enter it into google.com.

It can make most DVD player software play any region, and you can change it is often as you want.

If the DVD drive is locked then you have to 'flash' the drive, which is more hassle. Try the software first though.
Fri 08/02/02 at 18:55
Regular
thanks, I kinda thought this was the case. Is it possible make your dvd player change unlimited amounts of times?Software?
Fri 08/02/02 at 18:49
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
http://support.euro.dell.com/docs/SOFTWARE/CISW/En/regions.htm

like that kinda stuff, but i'm sure SR sell some forms of this.
Fri 08/02/02 at 18:45
Regular
Fogmaster wrote:
> I think you can buy software for it

such as?
Fri 08/02/02 at 18:41
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
I think you can buy software for it
Fri 08/02/02 at 18:28
Regular
Right having felt pleased with myself and having bought a dvd player (pc) and got every thing working fine with english DVDs i am looking into this region thing. I understand that different places have different regions but I was wondering if it is possible to play say American DVDs. Can you change the region of your DVD player or some how multiregion your DVD player? Its probably obvious to most people but I don't know.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.