GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Which game is better?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/12/02 at 21:09
Regular
Nway, this is a place where I get to know your (SR members and hardkore gamerz) opinions on every game that you think is better. Just for fun, and so I can pick which game I wanna buy when I have two games on mind, or probably even more. Butt hey! This can even help U to!

Anyway, which game is better:

--The Getaway or Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

--Star Wars Bounty Hunter or The Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers (EA)

--TimeSplitters 2 or James Bond Nightfire

--Minority Report or Tomb Raider in Angel Of Darkness

--Tony Hawks Pro Skater 4 or BMX XXX

--Harry Potter In The Chamber Of Secrets or Spyro: Enter The Dragonfly

--Ratchet & Clank or Haven: Call Of The King

Cos I really wanna buy sum new games, and I need to know which is better the other, even though they dont have the same genre thingy, or whatever y'all call it...!
Tue 24/12/02 at 21:09
Regular
"Still luv her?! dun"
Nway, this is a place where I get to know your (SR members and hardkore gamerz) opinions on every game that you think is better. Just for fun, and so I can pick which game I wanna buy when I have two games on mind, or probably even more. Butt hey! This can even help U to!

Anyway, which game is better:

--The Getaway or Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

--Star Wars Bounty Hunter or The Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers (EA)

--TimeSplitters 2 or James Bond Nightfire

--Minority Report or Tomb Raider in Angel Of Darkness

--Tony Hawks Pro Skater 4 or BMX XXX

--Harry Potter In The Chamber Of Secrets or Spyro: Enter The Dragonfly

--Ratchet & Clank or Haven: Call Of The King

Cos I really wanna buy sum new games, and I need to know which is better the other, even though they dont have the same genre thingy, or whatever y'all call it...!
Tue 24/12/02 at 21:14
Regular
"Notable"
> isa wrote:

> Anyway, which game is better:
>
> --The Getaway or Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

VC. although the getaway is a brilliant breath of fresh air away from fictional palmed beaches.

> --Star Wars Bounty Hunter or The Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers
> (EA)

LOTR. dunno why.

> --TimeSplitters 2 or James Bond Nightfire

Timesplitters 2

> --Minority Report or Tomb Raider in Angel Of Darkness

cant really answer that yet

> --Tony Hawks Pro Skater 4 or BMX XXX

THPS4

> --Harry Potter In The Chamber Of Secrets or Spyro: Enter The
> Dragonfly

dunno

> --Ratchet & Clank or Haven: Call Of The King

Ratchet and clank

> Cos I really wanna buy sum new games, and I need to know which is
> better the other, even though they dont have the same genre thingy, or
> whatever y'all call it...!
Tue 24/12/02 at 21:14
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Isa wrote:

>

Vice City - just because of the replay value it has.

Tony hawks, very little contest.

Don't own any of the others so can't comment
Tue 24/12/02 at 22:21
Regular
Could anyone give me there opinion on these two games?

Colin McRae 3 or WRC2. Please help.
Tue 24/12/02 at 23:13
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Lugwig wrote:
> Could anyone give me there opinion on these two games?
>
> Colin McRae 3 or WRC2. Please help.

If you want a serious simulation go for Colin McRae 3, if its a more fun kind of arcadey approach that you prefer, then go for WRC2.

Personally I prefer Colin McRae because of the handling. WRC2 is very twitchy but it's each man to his own I guess. (I dont know if that makes scense, it just sounds good)

:)
Wed 25/12/02 at 18:54
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Isa wrote:

I prefer The Getaway. I feel it's a better game, but there has been a varied reaction towards it and Vice City, so really it's a choice you'd have to decide yourself. You're best bet is to get both and see which one you prefer.

> (EA)

The Two Towers is fun, a bit short but then Bounty Hunter hasn't been getting much praise, so I guess it boils down to which you find more appealing, Quality over Quantity or visa versa.

Timesplitters 2 can't really compare to something like James Bond. It has a great multiplayer mode, which is very extensive, a much more improved (if a little shorter) single player section and an easy to use map editor for both single and multiplayer maps.

I dislike Tomb Raider, but I'd choose that over Minority Report which from the reviews I've read, is yet another duff movie to game conversion.

THPS4, because BMX XXX is just crap. Haven't played it, but it's so obvious the developers have thrown a load of nudity and 'gross out' gags to sell the game to adolescent teens. And when has that ever worked well in a game?

> Dragonfly

Harry Potter. I wouldn't choose either, but Spyro does look disappointing, I mean it actually looks like a PSone game!

Ratchet & Clank, it's £20, but it's also pretty good fun. Haven looks good as well, but I think it's a bit too ambitious to be as good as it thinks it is.
Wed 25/12/02 at 18:56
Regular
"A man with a stick"
cipro wrote:
>
> Timesplitters 2 can't really compare "IT" to something like James Bond. > It has a great multiplayer mode, which is very extensive, a much more
> improved (if a little shorter) single player section and an easy to
> use map editor for both single and multiplayer maps.

Now that makes more sense.
Wed 25/12/02 at 19:52
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Isa wrote:
> Nway, this is a place where I get to know your (SR members and
> hardkore gamerz) opinions on every game that you think is better. Just
> for fun, and so I can pick which game I wanna buy when I have two
> games on mind, or probably even more. Butt hey! This can even help U
> to!
>
>

This is a close one, probably The Getaway, althiugh both games are great, The Getaway has a better story mode, but Vice has more to do.

>

I haven't really heard much about these two games, but The Lord Of The Rings: Two Towers is better, maybe.

>

As i have both, this is a non - biased decision:

Timesplitters 2 is more fun, however it is hard to compare these two games, as they are very different in some ways.

>

Easy; Angel Of Darkness, Minority Report is just another one of those half as$ed games which was a film.

>

Again easy, Tony Hawks, stick with the experts, each Tony hawk game has had a respctable review, whereas BMX XXX is a newbie to the gaming world, that doesn't mean it's bad, but THPS4 is far more reliable.

>
> Dragonfly

Probably Spyro, Harry Potter has been given a crap name after the dissapointing Philosophers Stone.

>

Not sure, both good games.

>
> Cos I really wanna buy sum new games, and I need to know which is
> better the other, even though they dont have the same genre thingy, or
> whatever y'all call it...!

Read some reviews, rent a few games, borrow some of a mate, you get the idea.

:D
Wed 25/12/02 at 20:08
Regular
"Still luv her?! dun"
J-42 wrote:
> Read some reviews, rent a few games, borrow some of a mate, you get
> the idea.
>
> :D

Well, I do read sum reviews, butt I cant be botherd to rent games, or borrow them. I just like to buy them, and once I have them, I dont wanna sell or trade them or anything. I wanna keep them 4ever, and I dont like to borrow or rent them, dunno Y, I just dont!! I just like to buy and play them for eternity!! ( :S
Wed 25/12/02 at 20:12
Regular
"Balls"
you sound like me i dont rent games, i do borrow other peoples games and they borrow one of mine of a bit. i havent sold a single game. i have tried but when its crunch time i just cant let go.

i have 50 game of which i like about 15. and the others are decoration.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.