GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"getaway- has it gone too far?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Getaway'.
Wed 25/12/02 at 17:01
Regular
hi, and merry chrimbo to y'all, ive decided to not lecture you about my presents and make you feel jealous or anything so im sticking to what i set out to do.

the getaway is absolutely b*ll0*ks! it has gone too far! im not old, im average age, 18! and this game is seriously disturbing. gta VC kicks the getaways boney behind! there is feck all to do, nothing fun, only 50 cars! no motorbikes! you cant even dive out of the cars! you need to manually aim the gun, no locking on! only 1 weapon at a time and you need to pick up other guns off dead people. no helicopters either. vice city does all of these much better, and more. in vice city it is as violent as you want it to be and nothing is truly disturbing but the getaway has a very grim end and a sickening torture sequence. im not joking, if your under 18, DO NOT GET THIS!
Wed 25/12/02 at 17:01
hi, and merry chrimbo to y'all, ive decided to not lecture you about my presents and make you feel jealous or anything so im sticking to what i set out to do.

the getaway is absolutely b*ll0*ks! it has gone too far! im not old, im average age, 18! and this game is seriously disturbing. gta VC kicks the getaways boney behind! there is feck all to do, nothing fun, only 50 cars! no motorbikes! you cant even dive out of the cars! you need to manually aim the gun, no locking on! only 1 weapon at a time and you need to pick up other guns off dead people. no helicopters either. vice city does all of these much better, and more. in vice city it is as violent as you want it to be and nothing is truly disturbing but the getaway has a very grim end and a sickening torture sequence. im not joking, if your under 18, DO NOT GET THIS!
Wed 25/12/02 at 17:04
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Hold R1 to lock on to a target.
Wed 25/12/02 at 18:34
Regular
"A man with a stick"
No Motorbikes!!! No Helicopters!!! And No ability to Jump from moving vehicles!!! How disturbing.

By the way, I prefer the getaway to Vice City, and at least the getaway is aimed at an older audience, which you can’t say about VC.
Wed 25/12/02 at 18:38
Regular
"¬_¬"
Only 50 cars!!! All with twice the detail of those in GTA VC. The outrage!!!

I'm glad that YOU are having a bad Christmas. Mwahaha.
Wed 25/12/02 at 18:46
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
lol, i agree, i'm 13, and i haven't found anything 'disturbing' about it, the only thing i did find myself doing is having a fun time, if you're refering to the scene where that bloke is electricuting the triad, then you'll see that if you compare that to the likes of Resident Evil, or silent Hill than that's nothing, also it IS 18, so you can't blame the game if younger kids are disturbed. There is a lock on button, which is R1, i think.
Wed 25/12/02 at 19:26
Regular
He's 18 and can barely sting a sentance together! LOL.
Wed 25/12/02 at 19:35
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
I got the game today, and it wicked. I found a tank?! and smashed some cars in, killed some cops and had a great time playing it. Jumped a few ramps, had a ball in the busses and got ticked off with the missions. Great game, but i don't think the missions will last too long.
Wed 25/12/02 at 20:05
Regular
DW wrote:
> He's 18 and can barely sting a sentance together! LOL.
Oh the ironing.
Wed 25/12/02 at 20:28
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
( . )Juicy Melons( . ) wrote:
> I got the game today, and it wicked. I found a tank?! and smashed some
> cars in, killed some cops and had a great time playing it. Jumped a
> few ramps, had a ball in the busses and got ticked off with the
> missions. Great game, but i don't think the missions will last too
> long.

Tank, where?
Wed 25/12/02 at 20:31
Regular
Mystique wrote:
> DW wrote:
> He's 18 and can barely sting a sentance together! LOL.
> *****
> Oh the ironing.

Oh bollards. He can barely STRING a sentance together. Hey, I'm 15, leave me alone. Hmpf.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.