GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"See Y'all"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 08/02/02 at 15:26
Regular
Well, It's time to say cheery bye.

The company I work for has chosen to adopt a program called WebSense. It's an internet access blocking program that restricts you from viewing web pages that are not work related.

Despite that the program has cut off many websites that the research and sales departments require, takes away the web teams access for sites like webmonkey, ruining the lunchbreal of the entire company, and even blocking some sites that we (the web team) have written, one particularly stubborn goon has decided that because people have been downloading MP3s and using bandwidth, that the internet is to be taken away.

So, when they flick the big switch on monday lunchtime, I won't be about anymore. I might pop in to say hi from home, but it won't be as regular as before.

So, until I find a way to hack the system, that's it. I'm off. It was nice chatting to everyone who spared me the time, GB, YH, Wookie, Dognuts, and many others, and cheers SR for the GADs.

Take care, Y'all.

Slave.
Thu 14/02/02 at 14:31
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
No! You must eat the sarnies or I tell Crueden! :)
Thu 14/02/02 at 14:28
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
slaveunit wrote:
> Ta very much!

Just hope I don't get caught now.... :)

***BUSTED***

Actually we both have the same problem, but currently we can both by-pass the proxy for now... Something to do with Administration rights I think, but no doubt they'll catch on eventually...

Unfortinately, Frames don't work, nor Masking the URL or Hex Packets, the system works on "Classifications" and if certain keywords appear in the metadata, such as games, it won't let you see it...

But for now...

We have acces....

SLAVE....

BACK TO WORK... AND PLEASE EAT THOSE LAST TWO SNDWHICHES ON MY DESK:-)
Thu 14/02/02 at 14:18
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Ta very much!

Just hope I don't get caught now.... :)
Thu 14/02/02 at 14:15
Regular
Good to see you managed to find a way around it mate!
Thu 14/02/02 at 14:09
Regular
Played :-D
Thu 14/02/02 at 14:06
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Hello again all

I'm back! Did ya miss me? Did ya?!?

It actually only took about 40 minutes to find a way around it, I've just been a bit busy to post lately.

Looking back at the post it's nice to see that some people cared. Cheers all.

See you around,

Slave.
Fri 08/02/02 at 22:17
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Mr.Snuggly wrote:
> Frames.. something to do with frames...

Find us in a program like Jeeves
> (within a frame) and you'll still be able to view our site, or something.

----

I tried that on my school computer. It didn't work :( It'll probably be the same for slave.

I did find a way of hacking the filter by using my home computer, and copying the HTML into another site, such as geocities, then accesing the geocities site from the school computer, and not the blocked one, but obviously this is not possible with forums.

I guess that method wouldn't work at all for slave on any site as they'll probably block geocities from him.

Some companies are so selfish! :D
Fri 08/02/02 at 18:41
Regular
""
If t's anything lie the school ones then it isn't blocked. They're fools all of them.
Fri 08/02/02 at 17:17
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
bye slave.
Fri 08/02/02 at 16:11
Regular
I blame the government. Labour need shooting for being right-wing when they claim to be left-wing. Scum.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.