GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Heh @ Pop Idol!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 08/02/02 at 08:34
Regular
One of my friends just came into the library with two posters from the Sun, which read "Vote for Gareth" and "Vote for Will". I couldn't help but LOLing at him. He's going to upholster it in the school grounds somewhere.

So, who are you voting for - Will or Gareth? I am not voting, because I think Pop Idol is a bunch of donkey bull.
Fri 08/02/02 at 17:53
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
The only reason they are running these stupid 'talent' shows is so they can create stars garanteed to sell instantly. Before, even with a manufactured band they would have to build up a profile. Now they just air the shows on TV and they instantly sell when they release their first pants cover of some other group, and then when someone else has written some songs for them and they release an album it sells to all the (obviously insame) people who watch the TV shows.

Basically it is just another way to try and get money out of us, the consumers.
Fri 08/02/02 at 17:51
Regular
"Shermer, Illinois?"
The only thing remotely decent about Pop Idol is the judges - they are so ruthless! Those thousands of "hopefuls" getting insulted no end. Excellent. I want to judge Pop Idols, only on the condition that I get ear phones and a megaphone :p I may phone up the Pop Idol poll lines and prank them. Any other ideas?

Heh, m-u-f-f-s was censored :p
Fri 08/02/02 at 16:15
Regular
Bah, shut it, Babylon 5 boy ;-)

I bet you take it seriously, don't you? :-D
Fri 08/02/02 at 16:13
"High polygon count"
Stryke wrote:
> Wasn't very funny, to be honest.

How right you are! ;-)
Fri 08/02/02 at 16:09
Regular
Who gives a toss? I've seen more interesting things in my garden, and I've got one of those boring big gardens with all grass. Has got a pond though...

The only funny thing (mildly) is that my mate is called Will, I'm called Gareth, so we went around asking people to vote for us. A bit. Wasn't very funny, to be honest.
Fri 08/02/02 at 15:26
Regular
"Shermer, Illinois?"
Heh. I just found out that kid walked all around the school grounds with "Vote for Gareth" and a picture of Gareth stuck to his shirt. It was funny, and I'm glad that some people don't mind making fools of themselves. Its good to see such a reflection on what can be such a dysmal and depressing world.
Fri 08/02/02 at 15:13
Regular
GGGGGGGGareth will (no pun) win, everyone feels sorry for him so he's gonna get the sympathy vote, not saying he's not a good singer.
Fri 08/02/02 at 15:01
Pop Idol sucks major balls. It was OK when it started but when they decided to have it on every week, just with one less contestant then it started to suck. I hate the show now, and I hope the winner has there 15 minutes of fame and then buggers off.
Fri 08/02/02 at 11:40
Regular
"I love Dave music"
I appear to be the only person in the county who wouldn't know either of them from Adam. I haven't watched a single episode of the program. So.....I think I'll toss a coin: Heads it's Will, Tails it's Gareth:

*tosses coin*

*crawls under desk looking for coin*

Heads wins....I vote for Will
Fri 08/02/02 at 10:37
Regular
will might win but the nation have got behing gareth because of his stutter

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.