GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Short Story Competition 2 (SSC2)"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 26/07/06 at 14:34
Regular
Right, so, thanks pb for awarding me the win :D
incidentally my first ever out of many SSC entries...though competition wasn't exactly fierce this time around

The Title

Ok kids, all your stories should be about Times gone by

About

Take that to mean whatever you want, but, I don't want any entries about a man pensively counting the seconds on his grandfather clock.

The winner will be the person who writes the most interesting and linguistically talented story, who incorporates the theme into something clever or meaningful.

There is no word limit, but aim to write several 'pages'. It's quantity not quality. For those users (if they're still around) who choose to write sequels then they must all be entirely to the point, if they won't be then don't enter them under SSC2.

Everybody can have two entries, I'm kind like that.

When

I'm going on holiday for two weeks this Friday so we'll say some time after that, and I may judge several days beyond the two weeks as I've broken my new pc and access to the old one is hard to gain. Alternatively I may judge it some time when I'm on holiday.

It also depends on the number of entries of course

Good luck and get scribbling.
Wed 26/07/06 at 14:34
Regular
Right, so, thanks pb for awarding me the win :D
incidentally my first ever out of many SSC entries...though competition wasn't exactly fierce this time around

The Title

Ok kids, all your stories should be about Times gone by

About

Take that to mean whatever you want, but, I don't want any entries about a man pensively counting the seconds on his grandfather clock.

The winner will be the person who writes the most interesting and linguistically talented story, who incorporates the theme into something clever or meaningful.

There is no word limit, but aim to write several 'pages'. It's quantity not quality. For those users (if they're still around) who choose to write sequels then they must all be entirely to the point, if they won't be then don't enter them under SSC2.

Everybody can have two entries, I'm kind like that.

When

I'm going on holiday for two weeks this Friday so we'll say some time after that, and I may judge several days beyond the two weeks as I've broken my new pc and access to the old one is hard to gain. Alternatively I may judge it some time when I'm on holiday.

It also depends on the number of entries of course

Good luck and get scribbling.
Wed 26/07/06 at 22:54
"possibly impossible"
{mulls over ideas} hmmmmm...
Fri 11/08/06 at 21:05
Regular
Loads of entries then >_<
Sat 12/08/06 at 19:32
"possibly impossible"
Well, the forums havenŽt really picked up still and IŽm on holiday at the moment.

Best to wait. IŽll have one done and hopefully more people will join in given time.

Still need to advertise it though...
Mon 14/08/06 at 21:29
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Really stuck on this one at the moment. I'll try and get something done soon though.
Mon 21/08/06 at 17:42
Regular
"What's basketball?"
I've got an idea. I will start working on it as soon as I can. I'm going to Wales next weekend, so I am not entirely sure when I will be able to finish it.
Sat 02/09/06 at 20:04
Regular
Oh, I may have to get back into this!
Mon 04/09/06 at 13:06
"possibly impossible"
Right. I've laid down the challenging first story (not one of my best, I think), come and see if you can do better (or just have a go anyway)...
Mon 11/09/06 at 10:46
"possibly impossible"
Ahem! Come on, get some stories written you lazy lot!
Tue 12/09/06 at 21:19
Regular
"tut tut tsk tsk etc"
Mines down. Bit odd, tried to add a twist but.. well, i did my best

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.