GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Short Story Competition 2 (SSC2)"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 26/07/06 at 14:34
Regular
Right, so, thanks pb for awarding me the win :D
incidentally my first ever out of many SSC entries...though competition wasn't exactly fierce this time around

The Title

Ok kids, all your stories should be about Times gone by

About

Take that to mean whatever you want, but, I don't want any entries about a man pensively counting the seconds on his grandfather clock.

The winner will be the person who writes the most interesting and linguistically talented story, who incorporates the theme into something clever or meaningful.

There is no word limit, but aim to write several 'pages'. It's quantity not quality. For those users (if they're still around) who choose to write sequels then they must all be entirely to the point, if they won't be then don't enter them under SSC2.

Everybody can have two entries, I'm kind like that.

When

I'm going on holiday for two weeks this Friday so we'll say some time after that, and I may judge several days beyond the two weeks as I've broken my new pc and access to the old one is hard to gain. Alternatively I may judge it some time when I'm on holiday.

It also depends on the number of entries of course

Good luck and get scribbling.
Thu 12/10/06 at 16:29
Regular
Ruling with an iron fist.. I like it.
Thu 12/10/06 at 16:25
"possibly impossible"
New Competition being hosted as of tomorrow. If tnc isn't around then we'll just have to find out who won this one later on.

There are too many people who want to enter the next one to risk leaving it longer...
Tue 10/10/06 at 13:19
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I'll enter the next one - never really got into them last time!
Tue 10/10/06 at 09:25
"possibly impossible"
Oh, come on. I'd be very surprised if you didn't log in from Singapore at some point ;)
Mon 09/10/06 at 18:10
Regular
pb wrote:
> If tnc doesn't judge by the end of this week, I'll start another
> one anyway...

Looks like I'll miss out on the 3rd one aswell, shame we couldn't get it started a month ago :( but I guess tnc has been very busy lately.

Oh well I'll make sure I'm in number 4.
Mon 09/10/06 at 18:05
Regular
No they're in the archive :)
Mon 09/10/06 at 17:59
Regular
So all our old stories were lost too..?
Mon 09/10/06 at 11:58
"possibly impossible"
If tnc doesn't judge by the end of this week, I'll start another one anyway...
Sun 08/10/06 at 21:20
Regular
Man I haven't been here in ages! I'm definitely going to enter the next SSC, I need to get back into this stuff, I take it this one is closed?

How is everyone? Any old names still around? Or did everybody start using [haha PM is a banned phrase?] instead?

On the plus side this post gets me into the Top 100 Posters of the last month..
Thu 05/10/06 at 21:35
Regular
Sibelius wrote:
> I see the SSC is still going ... I'll enter the next one.

I think I'll be entering the next one. I wonder when a winner will be announced :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.