GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"VIDEO GAME PIRACY"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 17/09/00 at 22:22
Regular
The gaming industry just dont get it do they! Theyre allways going on about video game piracy and new ways to stop it but they never work. Who in the right mind is going to spend in excess of £40 for a new game when itll cost em a fiver down the market!

But, THERE IS A SOLUTION!!!!!

If, when a new game is released it cost £10, there would be no need to buy coppied games. Think how much money the games industry would make. There sales would hit the skys. Brand spanking new games for a tenner! You gotta be joking.

Now, some of you may be thinking that the games cost lots of money to make BULLS**T! Playstation games cots, what, 65p to make!!!!

Just think they would loose alot of money for the first few months, but after that think how many people would buy games for a tenner! Pirate games would become non existant. No one would buy them any more.

If anyone else sees it this way reply to this message to show your support!

To the gaming industry out there YOU KNOW THE ANSWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wed 27/09/00 at 17:13
I agree with ya...
U think 65p for the first disc of final fantasy would cover all their CG equipment?
Two years of pogrammers wages (about £50K/year of which there were about 70 programmers), electricity costs, distributing, advertiseing.
The list goes on...
u understand nothing, aswell as this, because of piracy, games no longer make as much income..
Wed 27/09/00 at 12:17
Dear Dave,
If you ever stopped to consider the ins and outs of running an industry, I.e. paying people's wages, running costs etc. then you would realise that it does not cost 65p to create a game, but it costs 65p for the disc ONLY, which is obviously not going to be enough to cover your average programmer's morgage payments!
Companies like Sony and Sega have to fork out thousands of pounds for advertising and wages for staff, and this all goes on the price of games. If you want games companies to go bankrupt then you are going the right way about it, just look at what happened to the Amiga to see what effect piracy has on computing. Sony, which has been successful for the past 5 years, is now offering games at £9.99 each. This is because they have paid for their other casts when the games originally appeared on the shelves and can lower the price to cover just their development and production.
Think carefully before pointing a finger at games companies, because that's what they are, companies, and they need to make money to survive.
Sun 17/09/00 at 22:22
The gaming industry just dont get it do they! Theyre allways going on about video game piracy and new ways to stop it but they never work. Who in the right mind is going to spend in excess of £40 for a new game when itll cost em a fiver down the market!

But, THERE IS A SOLUTION!!!!!

If, when a new game is released it cost £10, there would be no need to buy coppied games. Think how much money the games industry would make. There sales would hit the skys. Brand spanking new games for a tenner! You gotta be joking.

Now, some of you may be thinking that the games cost lots of money to make BULLS**T! Playstation games cots, what, 65p to make!!!!

Just think they would loose alot of money for the first few months, but after that think how many people would buy games for a tenner! Pirate games would become non existant. No one would buy them any more.

If anyone else sees it this way reply to this message to show your support!

To the gaming industry out there YOU KNOW THE ANSWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.