GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What would have happened if the DC hadn't died?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 26/12/02 at 19:40
Regular
Well what do you think? If Sega hadn't given up on the old DC then what do you think would happen? I think personally that it would have been one of the best seeing as it is the only console that is actually online.
Thu 26/12/02 at 19:40
Well what do you think? If Sega hadn't given up on the old DC then what do you think would happen? I think personally that it would have been one of the best seeing as it is the only console that is actually online.
Fri 27/12/02 at 12:22
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Ah, but the X-Box will be going on-line in something like... 7/8 weeks over-here, and the PS2 is expect to follow-suit soon-after. And then it will be the GameCube's turn, of course.

And PC gaming's been around for years.

But if the Dreamcast hadn't died, it'd still be over-looked by all-others as it is a fair bit older than the X-Box and GameCube, even if it was released only a year before the PS2.

It wouldn't have been able to last that long anyway, nothing good ever lasts forever!
Fri 27/12/02 at 12:52
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
Well if Dreamcast had not died and had been a success, then

1) Dreamcast 2 (or whatever it was to be called), would be out now!

2) Also, we would see games like Crazy Taxi 3, Jet Set Radio Future, Super Monkey Ball, Shenmue etc, appear only on Segas machine! Sega would nto have gone multi platform!
Fri 27/12/02 at 13:51
Regular
It saddens me that the Dreamcast didnt survive for longer. Sega really learnt from their mistakes with the Saturn and in the Dreamcast came up with an excellent machine with some fantastic games. Even though i now own an Xbox too, i still play my Dreamcast regularly and graphically the machine EASILY holds its own against the more powerful Xbox. What really annoys me though is Shenmue 3 will never appear on the Dreamcast now and may even not appear on any other format either. That hurts! It also saddens me that all the great games that Sega bring out from now on would've been Dreamcast exclusive had the machine survived. Super Monkey Ball one of the best games on the Gamecube eh?! Its a bloody Dreamcast game really! I cant help but think like that!
Fri 27/12/02 at 14:53
Regular
"Bring the beat back"
If the Dreamcast didn't die we would of seen some quality games but as the Drteamcast did die the quality games have gone to other consoles like the PS2 and the Gamecube.
Fri 27/12/02 at 17:07
Regular
"He's back"
we-the dreamcast players- would have got all the games that were cancelled. commandos 2, jet set radio 2, Galleon, woody w racing(sounded crap), etc. we would have got all the new decent multi- console games toppin' da market-only in slightly worse graphics- like tony H's pro skater 3, etc. SEGA would be planning some sort of new console.Basicly, the world would have been a better place.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.