GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"xbox vs gamecube"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/02/02 at 19:51
Regular
i think that the people that have the money would chose an xbox over a game cube. a gamecube is cheap, i think that is why people r buying it, cheap consoles doesnt necessarily mean they are going to be crap. if it has a mario game on it i think people will get it for mainly that reason being a classic, just like i think the dreamcast was brought, just for the sonic game that was released with it. Personally i think sonis kiks marios butt but its all down to oppinion. the n64 had excellent games like goldeneye and zelda etc, but it was abit too pricey, due to being cartrages (excuse the spelling) , but as it is on cds i think it could cause a few problems for the xbox.

an xbox on the other hand is quite expensive, but then again so was the ps2 and that never stopped that being a total success. accually saying that, the ps2 wasnt a success for a month or 2 after when they brought out better games but the ps2 does play psone games so it makes up for it. an xbox doesnt play any other consoles games but i think they are bringing out a good selection of games. what i dont understand is why an xbox needs a memory card, after all it is the most powerful console ever made so why shouldnt it be able to save our games??

at the end of the day i think the ps2 will rule all consoles for the time being, a close second would be an xbox and coming up extremely closely behind in last place would come a gamecube.

Again it is all down to opinion and peoples choices...

MMD
Thu 07/02/02 at 19:51
i think that the people that have the money would chose an xbox over a game cube. a gamecube is cheap, i think that is why people r buying it, cheap consoles doesnt necessarily mean they are going to be crap. if it has a mario game on it i think people will get it for mainly that reason being a classic, just like i think the dreamcast was brought, just for the sonic game that was released with it. Personally i think sonis kiks marios butt but its all down to oppinion. the n64 had excellent games like goldeneye and zelda etc, but it was abit too pricey, due to being cartrages (excuse the spelling) , but as it is on cds i think it could cause a few problems for the xbox.

an xbox on the other hand is quite expensive, but then again so was the ps2 and that never stopped that being a total success. accually saying that, the ps2 wasnt a success for a month or 2 after when they brought out better games but the ps2 does play psone games so it makes up for it. an xbox doesnt play any other consoles games but i think they are bringing out a good selection of games. what i dont understand is why an xbox needs a memory card, after all it is the most powerful console ever made so why shouldnt it be able to save our games??

at the end of the day i think the ps2 will rule all consoles for the time being, a close second would be an xbox and coming up extremely closely behind in last place would come a gamecube.

Again it is all down to opinion and peoples choices...

MMD
Thu 07/02/02 at 20:23
i think that both consoles will have no success in changing sonys stranglehold of the market.
against one another it really will be close. im not sure who will "win", but these are some of the factors that will effect the sales.......

- Bob is not going to be happy to find out that his X-Box is "big and ugly"

- Bob is not going to be happy that his Gamecube has a handle like a handbag

- Bob thinks that X-Box is for computer geeks because it looks silly and hes heard it has a hard drive.... whatever that is.

- Bob does not want the Gamecube because he hears it is for kids and he would lose his rudboy image.

- Bob thinks that microsoft are trying to take over the world.

I'm not saying that any of these are true. In fact, im saying that most of these statements are completely ludicrous however, this is what i imagine the casual gamer perceives these consoles to be like. This is why i believe both of these consoles will fail.

As for who will win over microsoft or nintendo, i assume nintento will due to them being probably the most well known company devoted to computer games, unlike sony. the x box, although has argueably one of the most stunning FPS to date, and I'm sure, a horde of other games wont succeed because, as most casual gamers would say: "its ugly and fat"

i certainly hope there is enough room in the industry for 3 consoles.
Thu 07/02/02 at 20:59
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
Hmm yes ben, mullets must die. Maybe adopting that baby mullet of his has destroyed his brain. My dad said he liked him, what the hell is going on there.?
Thu 07/02/02 at 21:04
whos ben???
Thu 07/02/02 at 21:05
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
yeah whatever, i'll see you at school tomorra.
Thu 07/02/02 at 21:13
no seriously, who the hell r u?
Thu 07/02/02 at 22:07
Regular
Where's my JAT spray?
Thu 07/02/02 at 22:11
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
MULLETS MUST DIE!!!! wrote:
what i dont understand is
> why an xbox needs a memory card, after all it is the most powerful console ever
> made so why shouldnt it be able to save our games??

You can save on the Hard Disk, but what happens when you want to take your save round to a mates house? You cant unless you have a memory card, as pulling the Hard Disk out of the X-Box wouldnt be a good idea.
Thu 07/02/02 at 22:13
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
why not? *pulls out his hard drive* (BUZZZZZZZ)
Thu 07/02/02 at 23:32
adrian wrote:
You can save on the Hard Disk, but what happens when you want to take your save round to a mates house? You cant unless you have a memory card, as pulling the Hard Disk out of the X-Box wouldnt be a good idea.

why have special memory cards why could'nt they have just added a normal floppy drive.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.