GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ppl at skool"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/02/02 at 18:44
Regular
people at skool have been really annoying mr recently...

ever since i told them i was getting an xbox they have been saying i was stupid for getting one and a ps2 is better. i dont know if i would be better getting a ps2 as nearly all my m8s have one so i could swap games. money is no problem as i already have the cash to pay for it. i am planning on getting a package for around £440, plus 2 games, probobly thps3 and max payne but i am not sure. plz tell me what u think.

MMD
Fri 08/02/02 at 13:15
"slightlyshortertagl"
DrDragon wrote:
> MULLETS MUST DIE!!!! wrote:
> sorry, "ME"

and i would get a
> game cube but i think it will fail
> just like the n64

It won't. It has
> already proven it won't. Plus, it is amazing ancd cheap, so even if it had had
> a poor launch, it still wouldn't have failed.

HAHAHAHAHAHA there goes Doc with his amazingly pro-GC coments///
Fri 08/02/02 at 13:13
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
To Mullets...

There are some top looking games on the X-Box, and it is a jolly powerful machine, but I'd be cautious. Personally I'm thinking about one, but waiting a year or so for a) the price falls, b) there are more games and support from developers c) the fact that it still might fall flat on it's face in the uk d) their online content matures.

If you have that kind of cash, I'd suggest the PS2 and the GC. You could afford both with the money, you'd have the latest kit with the GC and be the envy of all your mates, but you could still borrow all their ps2 games and watch DVDs.

Just my 2ps worth.
Fri 08/02/02 at 11:54
Regular
"699 days!"
MULLETS MUST DIE!!!! wrote:
> sorry, "ME"

and i would get a game cube but i think it will fail
> just like the n64

It won't. It has already proven it won't. Plus, it is amazing ancd cheap, so even if it had had a poor launch, it still wouldn't have failed.
Fri 08/02/02 at 11:40
Regular
"I confused?"
Never.
Fri 08/02/02 at 11:36
Regular
"Back in black"
MULLETS MUST DIE!!!! wrote:
> sorry, "ME"

and i would get a game cube but i think it will fail
> just like the n64

What! When did the N64 fail?
Fri 08/02/02 at 11:21
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I think you should get a console if gaming is your thing, as they'll all eventually be on-line, but gaming is different to PC gaming. I find that due to the controls and enjoyment, console gaming is much better. But with certain games like Max Pane, and theon-line capabillities of Counterstrike, how can you resist PC gaming???

I'd say GameCube or X-box, don't just go with what you're mates are getting. I have aslo found that everyone is getting a PS2, and i'm stil getting a GameCube.
Go for what you like best!
Fri 08/02/02 at 10:30
Regular
"I confused?"
Just tell em to get knooted when i got my mega drive two years ago (not because i couln't afford anything else i liked streets of rage) they laughed but just remeber it's your money do what you like with it.
Fri 08/02/02 at 10:30
Regular
"not dead"
Um, why get a console to get games that are available on other systems? THPS and Max Payne are both on the PS2, and it's cheaper?

Are you just getting an Xbox because it's new, or does it have some exclusive games that you want?
Fri 08/02/02 at 10:26
"I hate that!!!"
Who is Mr Recently anyway?
Thu 07/02/02 at 19:35
Regular
"Shermer, Illinois?"
Why have you been annoying Mr Recently?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.