GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What was it like winning your first GAD?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/02/02 at 17:13
Regular
I have just won my first GAD.
It's only up to the value of £25 but still, that's fair enough. when i found out this morning, i was as chuffed as can be. So, what was it like winning your first GAD, and what did you claim?
Mon 11/02/02 at 18:49
"You smell of rice"
Ant wrote:
> MoJoJoJo wrote:
> mandatare wrote:
> Anyway i'm off now to get my ps2
> for £160.
c ya
> all
> later

P.S
Congratualtions, your reply
> was the 100th.

Why pay
> £160 for a PS2 when you can get a
> GameCube for almost the same?

Are you
> insane?

Nope, because the PS2
> is much better than the GC, and it's actually out at the moment.

I don't mind which. I like both.
Mon 11/02/02 at 18:38
Regular
""
I forgot to say! I claimed Robot Wars for the PC! £24.99! Lucky or what!
Mon 11/02/02 at 18:37
Regular
""
I thought I was gonna win for a review I'd put in and maybe even a Topic I'd put in. So I expected 2 but got 1 for putting up some crappy cheats... weird I know! I was dissapointed but happy at the same time. So I jumped out of the computer chair and Pointed at Little Hedgehog and laughed! "YOU HAVEN'T WON HA HA" She went storming off up stairs so I was extremely smug!
Mon 11/02/02 at 18:30
Regular
I had first heard about this site, about a year ago now, from the SR magazine, and I came along expecting yet another competition that either doesn't give anything away, or else makes it practically impossible.

I came along, and looked around, and decided to post a review of Pokemon Gold (yes, OK, laugh, why don't you? ;-) )

Anyway, I went away, and forgot all about it. A couple of weeks later, I was encouraged by a friend who had actually won a prize, and spent a long time writing a good review of Escape from Monkey Island.

A few days later, I came back to see whether I had won, expecting nothing whatsoever, and, to my absolute amazement, found that BOTH of my two reviews had won the Gameaday Prize for that day (there was only one then, along with Filmaday).

My first reaction was that this was either a mistake, or just another site trying to sell me something. Anyway, it seemed authentic, so I sent off the e-mail, claiming both Final Fantasy 9 (much better than 8, and nearly as good as 7), and Settlers 4 (one of the worst games I've ever played : I'm just glad I didn't spend any money on it).

When, on their release dates, the games actually arrived through the door, I was gobsmacked. I couldn't believe that I could be sent 2 games which would cost me £90 in total for something as simple as writing a review! Actually, I had to explain to my parents why someone had started sending me things, and they were rather suspicious that I had used someone's credit card, or been bullied to buy them. (They never trust me!)

Since then, I've claimed MS Train Sim for another prize, which is actually a lot better than most people think, and Oracle of Ages, which is alright. Anyway, I have to apologise to everyone for my initial thoughts, and since then I have been very inclined to buy things from here rather than anywhere else.

I was inspired to post this by the fact that I've just won another prize (just when I was feeling rejected). I'll probably get something for the GBA : Quite possibly Golden Sun. Anyway,

See Ya ;-)

PinkPig
Sun 10/02/02 at 22:52
Regular
What was it like winning my 1st GAD?

Something like: SSSSSCCCCCRRRRREEEEEEAAAAAAMMMMM!!!!

Something like that.

And when I won my 2nd I said: "Good bloody job, I spent ages writing that review!"
Sun 10/02/02 at 22:42
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
glad to see this topic's still going.
Sun 10/02/02 at 16:59
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
MoJoJoJo wrote:

*phones the men in the white coats to ask for their opinion*

-----

Scientists have already proven the PS2 owners are more mentally stable.
:D
Sun 10/02/02 at 16:51
Regular
"That's right!"
Ant wrote:

Nope, because the PS2
> is much better than the GC, and it's actually out at the moment.

------------------

Um, yes, OK... I understand your mental problem...

*phones for the men in the white coats*
Sun 10/02/02 at 14:41
Regular
"I like cheese"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> mandatare wrote:
> Anyway i'm off now to get my ps2 for £160.
c ya
> all
> later

P.S
Congratualtions, your reply was the 100th.

Why pay
> £160 for a PS2 when you can get a GameCube for almost the same?

Are you
> insane?

Nope, because the PS2 is much better than the GC, and it's actually out at the moment.
Sat 09/02/02 at 23:20
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
"momma mia!"

*Tony_Blair jumps up from his chair and hurls himslef at a sheet of glass nearby*

SMAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHH

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.