GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Retards"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Getaway'.
Fri 27/12/02 at 18:18
Regular
The Getaway, available now, prices vary. The game comes with a fairly large age notice, which reads '18+'.
Then, right next to it, they have a sticker saying 'Parental Advisory - Explicit Content'.
But, you'll need a parent with you anyway if you are underage, as it's illegal to sell it to you otherwise.
But, if your over 18, you are considered an adult and don't need your parents guidance on whether you can buy a agme which features 'Explicit'ness.

People are crazy.
Fri 27/12/02 at 18:18
Regular
The Getaway, available now, prices vary. The game comes with a fairly large age notice, which reads '18+'.
Then, right next to it, they have a sticker saying 'Parental Advisory - Explicit Content'.
But, you'll need a parent with you anyway if you are underage, as it's illegal to sell it to you otherwise.
But, if your over 18, you are considered an adult and don't need your parents guidance on whether you can buy a agme which features 'Explicit'ness.

People are crazy.
Fri 27/12/02 at 18:25
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
You have to laugh.

Was in blockbuster last week checking for cheap DVD's. A little boy asks his dad if he can get some movie.
"No it's a 15"

Oh well waht about this game, he says. Picks up the getaway.
"Sure ok."

Something wrong there.
Fri 27/12/02 at 18:27
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
AliBoy wrote:
> You have to laugh.
>
> Was in blockbuster last week checking for cheap DVD's. A little boy
> asks his dad if he can get some movie.
> "No it's a 15"
>
> Oh well waht about this game, he says. Picks up the getaway.
> "Sure ok."
>
> Something wrong there.

Maybe the man just loves his tv alot and wanted to watch a 'blue' movie later on, and maybe the console is upstairs and the vcr downstairs. I have gone into this WAY too much. Ill get my coat.
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Probably realises that a game is a game and that a film is kinda proper minus the acting etc.

Hmm
Regular
I saw a kid trying to convince his Mum that age ratings were in fact official Review scores, used to alert parents whether a game is good or not.
18 is the highest, followed by 15, 11 and lowest of all is 3.
So, he convinces her to let him get an 18. Then the problem comes when he also wants to pick up a 3+ for cheap :-)
Fri 27/12/02 at 18:28
Regular
"That's right!"
They have games in Blockbusters?!
Fri 27/12/02 at 18:31
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Asher D wrote:
> I saw a kid trying to convince his Mum that age ratings were in fact
> official Review scores, used to alert parents whether a game is good
> or not.
> 18 is the highest, followed by 15, 11 and lowest of all is 3.
> So, he convinces her to let him get an 18. Then the problem comes when
> he also wants to pick up a 3+ for cheap :-)

Crafty little basta...
Fri 27/12/02 at 18:31
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> They have games in Blockbusters?!

Yes.
Fri 27/12/02 at 18:35
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Awww, and I thought this topic was made for me!

:(
Fri 27/12/02 at 18:43
Regular
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> They have games in Blockbusters?!

Not only games, but Lucozade!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.