GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mario: First Person Shoot 'em Up?!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 27/12/02 at 18:21
Regular
I was just thinking, besides the Mario tennis and golf games, shouldn't a Mario paintball game be made? I picked paintball becuase of course Nintendo can't have its mascots bloodied up. Wouldnt it be hot to have Mario decked out in army camo wit a paintball gun in hand. Multiplayer games in franchise specific worlds. Imainge Mario and luigi running through the woods of hyrule vs link and a deku seed? lol, or multiplayer on an alian planet using samus, fox mcloud and whoever else you would like out the nintendo universe. The possibilities for level design are endless.
Tell me what you think.
Sun 29/12/02 at 15:28
Regular
Well Rare made that, and we've gotten rid of them now :D
Sun 29/12/02 at 15:24
Regular
"Baros!!!"
That would actually be a good idea, with Mario having a shoot 'em up game. As long as they were better levels than Donkey Kong 64, as that game was a stinker.
Sun 29/12/02 at 00:10
Regular
Not first person - it would defeat the entire point of putting such great characters into a game.

Besides, Paintballing is also about running around.

What would work REALLY, REALLY well here would be a Conker style control system - platforming until you press L/R and then it goes into aiming mode.
It would pretty much get the best out of both worlds.

Conker's multiplayer had HUGE potential.
Unfortunately, 4 players just weren't enough on Conker's sprawling maps and the small N64 processor just couldn't handle loads of simulants on top.

I think that this would make a fantastic online title.
Especially with all the potential teamwork involved.
Sat 28/12/02 at 23:38
Regular
"Bring the beat back"
A Mario Shooting game would be relealy good as it is a change to his normal games.
Sat 28/12/02 at 22:14
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
BEARDS. wrote:
> Having no interest in Half life mods, no.
>
> I think I saw it on a geek site somewhere, probably last year.

Cheers anyway, i'll look around.
Sat 28/12/02 at 22:11
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
Having no interest in Half life mods, no.

I think I saw it on a geek site somewhere, probably last year.
Sat 28/12/02 at 22:07
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
BEARDS. wrote:
> I'm quite sure that there's a Half life mod somewhere that lets you
> use Nintendo characters with the standard weaponry but you can also
> jump on people's heads to kill them.
>
> Though I might be imagining that. I forget.

Cool, do you know where i might be able to get it from?
Sat 28/12/02 at 21:48
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
I'm quite sure that there's a Half life mod somewhere that lets you use Nintendo characters with the standard weaponry but you can also jump on people's heads to kill them.

Though I might be imagining that. I forget.
Sat 28/12/02 at 20:50
Regular
"bing bang bong"
I always wanted to see some kind of bonus level in Doom or something where you got to hunt and kill the Teletubbies. Watching Laa-Laa's head roll down some stairs would rock :O)
Sat 28/12/02 at 16:46
Regular
"^_^"
Lets put it this way. Nintendo are running out of house hold items to put into their games to make them original. So it might happen! and if it did...IT WOULD RULE!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.