GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I just bought an n64 AV scart lead but will it fit..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 27/12/02 at 19:32
Regular
... my TV. I'm not sure what all this RGB and AV business is about. Can someone please explain? I hope the lead fits my TV. On the back of my TV there is a 21 pin slot and the usual round aerial socket.
Sat 28/12/02 at 18:41
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
No, the only way to input SCART is through the 21 pin socket. The coloured leads are a composite connection.
Sat 28/12/02 at 18:41
Regular
"where's my tag?"
Sorry Albert. You already answered my below thread. Thanks for explaining it to me :)
Sat 28/12/02 at 18:39
Regular
"where's my tag?"
Ahah! So my TV has basically two entries for SCART? The 21pin way and the coloured video-and-audio IN.
Sat 28/12/02 at 17:12
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
WickedWare wrote:
> Finaly I understand. Thanks alot. There's one other thing I noticed on
> my TV apart from the 21pin slot and the aerial socket. There is a
> video and audio 'IN' on the front of the TV. Does that mean it's RGB
> compatable?

No, this is also an AV input (like the scart socket). It simply splits the channels whereas a scart socket combines both audio and video. If you have a Gamecube, you'll of noticed the lead it comes with has three seperate plugs (yellow, white and red, but you don't use the red one if your tv has mono sound) as well as a scart socket adapter, so you can shove 'em all together.

:)
Sat 28/12/02 at 16:54
Regular
"where's my tag?"
Finaly I understand. Thanks alot. There's one other thing I noticed on my TV apart from the 21pin slot and the aerial socket. There is a video and audio 'IN' on the front of the TV. Does that mean it's RGB compatable?
Fri 27/12/02 at 22:22
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
Hope that helps
Fri 27/12/02 at 22:22
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
WickedWare wrote:
> ... my TV. I'm not sure what all this RGB and AV business is about.
> Can someone please explain? I hope the lead fits my TV. On the back of
> my TV there is a 21 pin slot and the usual round aerial socket.

An RGB cable stands for Red, Green and Blue, its a digital scart lead, it has superior quality for picture and sound.
An AV scart lead is an anolog lead, it comes standard with the gamecube, its not quite as good quality as the RGB but its still good.

If your tv is made before 1991 it should have a scart plug.

P.S. it has nothing to do with the normal arial port.
Fri 27/12/02 at 19:35
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
In short. Aye.
Fri 27/12/02 at 19:32
Regular
"where's my tag?"
... my TV. I'm not sure what all this RGB and AV business is about. Can someone please explain? I hope the lead fits my TV. On the back of my TV there is a 21 pin slot and the usual round aerial socket.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.