GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"xbox live out now ?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 27/12/02 at 19:51
Regular
it my birthday tommorow and i would like to get xbox-live and unreal championship

but a few questions about xbox-live that i need answering

1) is it avaliable now i mean on the web site it says not until spring 2003 but i thought people was already playing it ?

2) i'm gonna go with a router connection but i need the extra broadband cales and the router box hmm where do i get this stuff ?

3) i was told theres a orange memory card included is this true ?

4) do you have to order the live starter kit or can you get it out of a shop if you do have to order it how long does it take to arrive through the post ?

if anyone could answer these for me that would be brilliant cheers
Fri 27/12/02 at 19:51
Regular
""To the pub...""
it my birthday tommorow and i would like to get xbox-live and unreal championship

but a few questions about xbox-live that i need answering

1) is it avaliable now i mean on the web site it says not until spring 2003 but i thought people was already playing it ?

2) i'm gonna go with a router connection but i need the extra broadband cales and the router box hmm where do i get this stuff ?

3) i was told theres a orange memory card included is this true ?

4) do you have to order the live starter kit or can you get it out of a shop if you do have to order it how long does it take to arrive through the post ?

if anyone could answer these for me that would be brilliant cheers
Fri 27/12/02 at 20:28
Regular
WonderSwan wrote:
> 1) is it avaliable now i mean on the web site it says not until spring
> 2003 but i thought people was already playing it ?

The reason why people have it now is because they are Beta testers and they get it for free until March. You can apply for the Beta test online so as long as you have a Broadband connection and an Xbox you should get in. Apply now though as I think the Beta test applications end in January and you can get it for free until March if you apply now.

> 2) i'm gonna go with a router connection but i need the extra
> broadband cales and the router box hmm where do i get this stuff ?

I would check Ebay or search around Lycos for electrical shops, however I don't have broadband or Xbox Live yet so maybe Tom or one of the others can help with this one. My guess is Ebay though as you will be able to get one cheap. www.ebay.co.uk

> 3) i was told theres a orange memory card included is this true ?

I think there is yes, I have read about it and heard others talk about it. However once again I would need someone to confirm this as I am only going by what I have heard.

> 4) do you have to order the live starter kit or can you get it out of
> a shop if you do have to order it how long does it take to arrive
> through the post ?

No you can't order the Beta test from a shop I don't think but you can from www.xbox.com/uk and then follow the links to the Beta test application. As I said in the first paragraph if I was you I would go and apply now as you will get it next week. It takes about 1-5 days after dispatch I believe so the quicker you apply the faster it will arrive.

Hope this helps!
Fri 27/12/02 at 20:52
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
> 1) is it avaliable now i mean on the web site it says not until spring
> 2003 but i thought people was already playing it ?

You can be part of the Test Drive by going to www.xbox.com/uk/live and signing up for £43. This will mean you will be sent your items, your one years service will only start from March 2003, and your one year will expire in march 2004.

> 2) i'm gonna go with a router connection but i need the extra
> broadband cales and the router box hmm where do i get this stuff ?

Computer shops? www.adslguide.org is a good place to go and find out what is available, but you can't buy from there. They also have forums there where people will know more than here about routers.

>
> 3) i was told theres a orange memory card included is this true ?

Only the very first beta testers got this. We will not.

> 4) do you have to order the live starter kit or can you get it out of
> a shop if you do have to order it how long does it take to arrive
> through the post ?

It is ONLY available online, unless you wait until March to get it in the shops. When you order, you are instantly given an activation code, meaning if you have a Xbox Live compatable game, you can start playing instantly. Of course, you need to wait for your pack (including headset) to arrive to be able to talk. I ordered last night, I went out and bought a compatable game today, and I've been playing on live tonight. Don't know how long kit will take to arrive, as it hasn't yet.
Sat 28/12/02 at 16:28
Regular
""To the pub...""
cheers :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.