GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Blue Cases?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 28/12/02 at 12:42
Regular
Is it just me or does all the games now have blue cases?
At first they were grey with a few exceptions (MGS2 was clear) then FFX came in blue.
I thought it quite tastefull but carried on nonetheless.
Then Timesplitters2, GTA:VC, and Ratchet & Clank all ahve blue cases.

So, has everyone else got blue cases? Or is it just the games I've got?

Do tell,
FFF
Sat 28/12/02 at 12:42
"period drama"
Is it just me or does all the games now have blue cases?
At first they were grey with a few exceptions (MGS2 was clear) then FFX came in blue.
I thought it quite tastefull but carried on nonetheless.
Then Timesplitters2, GTA:VC, and Ratchet & Clank all ahve blue cases.

So, has everyone else got blue cases? Or is it just the games I've got?

Do tell,
FFF
Sat 28/12/02 at 12:45
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Does it matter?

As long as there is a game in the case that works,

let everything be merry.
Sat 28/12/02 at 15:41
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
I thought it would only be games that looked good with the blue case that would use it. The first game i got that looked good with the blue case was GT:Concept. I've got Blade on DVD in a white case, i thought that looked strange. I was glad to see that The Getaway came in the good ol' black case, it would have stunk in the blue one.
Sat 28/12/02 at 18:27
Regular
Since Spiderman: The Movie game came out, all of the games i have bought have had Blue Cases. Except for The Getaway.

Even OPSM2 Demo Disc has blue cases now.
Sat 28/12/02 at 19:11
Regular
"Black pepper?"
I've seen green cases.

No lie.
Sat 28/12/02 at 19:13
Regular
"  "
LMA 2002 was the first game (Back in May) to feature the cases. Before that ALL the cases were actually blue, just a very deep blue (Take a close look). Then there was MGS2 in Feb with the Clear case and once GC was released (They used the black cases, alot like the deep blue ones that Sony used) Sony changed the cases to the blue you see now. The Getaway used a black case, the only PS2 game to ever do so. :D
Sat 28/12/02 at 19:13
Regular
"  "
Paranoid Idiot wrote:
> I've seen green cases.
>
> No lie.

*Cough* XBox *Cough*
Sat 28/12/02 at 19:39
Regular
"Black pepper?"
Maybe they were all out of PS2 cases.
Sun 29/12/02 at 13:56
Regular
"Thongs of Praise"
Its a tough decision when u have a choice of blue, clear or black cases on one game in store. :)
Sun 29/12/02 at 18:41
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Plonk wrote:
> Its a tough decision when u have a choice of blue, clear or black
> cases on one game in store. :)

No they just bung any case on the display. The real game you buy will have which ever case was shipped with it. I've seen Woolies place loads of PS2 games on there self with the XBox cases, if you buy the game you would get the proper case, as they retrieve it from the store room with the plastic covering over it etc.

If you own loads of different colour cases then just swap them over.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.