GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sick of Coversions and Greed!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 28/12/02 at 17:25
Regular
To be honest games conversions make me sick, it's not anything to do with how the graphics will be different or which system they will be converted to etc, but the fact of people like Bill Gates who get their little filthy hands on a game that was meant for one system and then pay off the games developer to drop the game for one sytem in favour for their own system. A few of these examples is Halo which was originally destined for the PC but Bill Gates new he needed a really decent FPS for the XBOX so he stole it and now us PC owners are left still waiting for it when it should have been with us a year ago!

Their was also Star Wars: Obi Wan which was dropped for the PC to be placed on XBOX, again there is also a rumour that the PC release of splinter Cell was held back due to Bill paying lots of money for the XBOX version to be "officially" finished first. It may seem that i'm having ago at Bill Gates and the XBOX but thats far from the truth, those were just some of the games i was looking forward to have but was dissapointed that they would not appear till later.

I know it's not actually possible for most of the games developers to develop a game for just one system because i know that they need the multi system release to turn a profit. it's just simply not fair how they start development for one system then drop it in favour of another just because a little money is waved under their nose.
Sat 28/12/02 at 17:25
Regular
"I see you"
To be honest games conversions make me sick, it's not anything to do with how the graphics will be different or which system they will be converted to etc, but the fact of people like Bill Gates who get their little filthy hands on a game that was meant for one system and then pay off the games developer to drop the game for one sytem in favour for their own system. A few of these examples is Halo which was originally destined for the PC but Bill Gates new he needed a really decent FPS for the XBOX so he stole it and now us PC owners are left still waiting for it when it should have been with us a year ago!

Their was also Star Wars: Obi Wan which was dropped for the PC to be placed on XBOX, again there is also a rumour that the PC release of splinter Cell was held back due to Bill paying lots of money for the XBOX version to be "officially" finished first. It may seem that i'm having ago at Bill Gates and the XBOX but thats far from the truth, those were just some of the games i was looking forward to have but was dissapointed that they would not appear till later.

I know it's not actually possible for most of the games developers to develop a game for just one system because i know that they need the multi system release to turn a profit. it's just simply not fair how they start development for one system then drop it in favour of another just because a little money is waved under their nose.
Wed 01/01/03 at 05:01
Regular
"Suck it baby, yeah!"
What?!! Halo was coming out on pc?! When? It looks good! Curse gates and his filthy little XBox. I thought Splinter Cell was released on the tenth of december for PC.
Wed 01/01/03 at 11:21
Regular
"I see you"
Ice Raider wrote:
> What?!! Halo was coming out on pc?! When? It looks good! Curse gates
> and his filthy little XBox. I thought Splinter Cell was released on
> the tenth of december for PC.

Yes you read correctly, Halo on the PC and it's suppose to happen Spring 2003 (might slip) thats THIS YEAR, YES!! I'm really excited about that one. Splinter cell was originally due for realease on the PC, on the 10th of December but they withdrew it saying they had to do a little last minute tweaking but yet the XBOX version was released on time??? Anyway Splinter Cell on the 29th of January, write it in your diaries and save your money
Wed 01/01/03 at 20:54
Regular
"A man with a stick"
All that fuss over Halo, and now they've decided to release the game on the PC in the same year as doom 3, unreal 2 and all those other, better looking FPS. I'll be getting it though, just to see what makes it so special, if indeed it's special at all.
Wed 01/01/03 at 23:08
Regular
"I see you"
I've had Halo down on my 'GAMES TO BUY' list for 3 years now so no matter what happens i'm going to buy it. If you've had the pleasure of playing the XBOX version then that just gets you wanting more.

I was at one point tempted to buy an XBOX just for Halo but decided to wait for the PC release instead. Anyway the PC release will have extra Multi-Player features and the conversion is being done by Gearbox so it should be spot on.
Thu 02/01/03 at 16:23
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Yep, the multiplayer sounds good, though it is being converted by Gearbox and they didn't at all impress with the lacklustre conversion of Nightfire. Hopefully history won't repeat itself.
Thu 02/01/03 at 18:41
Regular
"I see you"
cipro wrote:
> though it is being converted by Gearbox and they didn't at all impress >with the lacklustre conversion of Nightfire. Hopefully history won't >repeat itself.

I can't agree with you on the Nightfire thing as i've never been a fan of James Bond games.
Fri 03/01/03 at 13:51
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I haven't actually played the game myself, but I have read plenty of reviews and played the demo and the conclusion I came to was Nighfire plays exactly the same as the last bond game Agent Under Fire. I can't even begin to describe just how bad that game was.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.