GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Surprise hit of 2003?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 28/12/02 at 18:23
Regular
I was reading the new Play, as you do, seeing they cost 4 whole pounds, which is enough to buy you a Natbuc in most countries. Anyway, games such as The Getaway, Ape Escape 2, Sly Cooper and Star Wars Bounty Hunter all received views.
[I just want to say now that if anyone wants footage of Splinter Cell running on PS2, get Play].

Anyway, out of all the games reviewed, one obviously received the highest score out of the bunch. Ape Escape 2? Bounty Hunter? The Getaway. Not quite.

T'was Battle Engine Aquila, which received a good 90%, beating Ape Escape by 1%, The Getaway by 7%, Sly Cooper by 10% and Bounty Hunter by 20%.

I've yet to read the review for it, but it does look quite good on the DVD.

Hmmmm....
Sat 28/12/02 at 18:23
Regular
I was reading the new Play, as you do, seeing they cost 4 whole pounds, which is enough to buy you a Natbuc in most countries. Anyway, games such as The Getaway, Ape Escape 2, Sly Cooper and Star Wars Bounty Hunter all received views.
[I just want to say now that if anyone wants footage of Splinter Cell running on PS2, get Play].

Anyway, out of all the games reviewed, one obviously received the highest score out of the bunch. Ape Escape 2? Bounty Hunter? The Getaway. Not quite.

T'was Battle Engine Aquila, which received a good 90%, beating Ape Escape by 1%, The Getaway by 7%, Sly Cooper by 10% and Bounty Hunter by 20%.

I've yet to read the review for it, but it does look quite good on the DVD.

Hmmmm....
Sat 28/12/02 at 18:29
Regular
Strange, Battle Engine Aquila only got 7/10 in OPSM2.

Hmmm indeed.
Sat 28/12/02 at 18:37
Regular
OPSM2 is the worst mag you can get for proper, honest scores.
Eg.
Metal Gear Solid 2, the most hyped thing since .. something hyped, it gets 10/10. And it is a load of balls.
GTA3, on the other hand. Brilliant, 10 times better than MGS2. No hype, so then only 8/10.
They tell you what you want to hear and charge you too much, that's what they do.
Sat 28/12/02 at 19:08
Regular
"  "
Asher D wrote:
> 4 whole
> pounds, which is enough to buy you a Natbuc in most countries.

Get two!
Sat 28/12/02 at 21:55
"Wa-wa-west"
Asher D wrote:
> OPSM2 is the worst mag you can get for proper, honest scores.
> Eg.
> Metal Gear Solid 2, the most hyped thing since .. something hyped, it
> gets 10/10. And it is a load of balls.
> GTA3, on the other hand. Brilliant, 10 times better than MGS2. No
> hype, so then only 8/10.
> They tell you what you want to hear and charge you too much, that's
> what they do.

That's the strangest thing ever! Anything else gave GTA3 at least 90%.
MGS2 wasn't that bad, but it probably only deserved 8/10
Sat 28/12/02 at 22:26
Is this the game which was a demo on OPSM2 demo disc? It didnt seem so good mind you i just got annoyed because i kept running out of fuel or energy or something.
Sat 28/12/02 at 23:29
The aim is to recharge requently by morphing into a land vehicle. Stil, it got a bit boring after a while.

I remember Edge giving a game like GTA 3 a six one issue, only to "correct" the score andd give it an eight, obviously seeing the success it was in sales. Now, they've given Vice City an 8 as well.

I've also noticed that games which aren't popular or well known are punished more drastically for small problems which may have been ignored with bigger, more "important" games.
Mon 30/12/02 at 09:54
Regular
"  "
Edge is a terrible magazine. I dont see how they can give games like POW and Auto Modellista scores of 4/10, then give other games like Halo a 10/10.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.