GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"X-Box - the Word is Spreading"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 06/02/02 at 17:31
Regular
Listen closely gamers. If you put your ear to the ground, what is that rumbling sound you hear? NO, it's not an earthquake. It is the sound of the Xbox wave spreading coast to coast all over the United States. Byt why is this good for us back in England, well read in to find out.

The Xbox just celebrated it's two month anniversary last week and the big M is happy to say that all is well with our beloved black X. The Xbox launch was one of the most successful console debuts ever and now the number of Xbox believers are growing by the day. Believe me when I say that there was a lot at stake for all console gamers with the launch of the Xbox.

If Microsoft had delivered a console that was not up to next generation standards, we as gamers would have all suffered. If the Xbox had bombed at launch and sold poorly during the 2001 holiday season, Sony and Nintendo would have absolutely no reason to improve their products. They could have gone on about their business as usual with the knowledge that gamers were powerless to do anything to stop them. Boy, have things sure changed.

The Xbox arrived and is turning out to be everything the hype said it was. The launch was a tremendous success and software keeps flying off the shelves in record numbers. Even if you are a Gamecube or PS2 gamer, there is a very good reason to celebrate Microsoft's new baby. All companies involved in the console wars now have to adopt a new gameplan.

With the Xbox, Microsoft has upped the bet in the great console poker game. When Microsoft finally layed their hand down on November 15th, it turned out that not only were they not bluffing, but they had a full house. Nintendo and Sony now have real competition. They can't rest on their past success and become fat and lazy. This rings especially true for Sony.

Sony truly thought that the PS2 was going to be everybody's darling for at least four years. Now in only it's second year, the PS2 is not only the oldest of the three consoles on the market, but is the weakest (graphics/memory/speed) of the three as well. Sure, Sony had a year head start and will most likely win this round of the console wars as far as sales numbers are concerned. But all bets are off on the next round.

Millions of gamers are now loyal Xbox owners and the numbers are growing daily. So in a few years when all of the big three (Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft) have new consoles again, alot of gamers will look at Microsoft first instead of Sony and Nintendo. See with this original Xbox, Microsoft is just wanting to finish a strong second in this round of the console race. They want to get their name and logo spread all over the minds of gamers across the world so next time they have a real chance for first place.

Guess what. It's working folks. Millions of gamers have flocked to Microsoft since November 15th, and the number grows daily. All gamers not matter what console they play should be smiling. The Xbox has set the new standard that all future consoles will be measured by. Console gaming on a whole has just taken the next step.

Somewhere, Bill Gates is smiling. So is his bank manager.

Till next time, may the force be with you gamers ...always...
Wed 06/02/02 at 17:31
Regular
"I won the turnips!!"
Listen closely gamers. If you put your ear to the ground, what is that rumbling sound you hear? NO, it's not an earthquake. It is the sound of the Xbox wave spreading coast to coast all over the United States. Byt why is this good for us back in England, well read in to find out.

The Xbox just celebrated it's two month anniversary last week and the big M is happy to say that all is well with our beloved black X. The Xbox launch was one of the most successful console debuts ever and now the number of Xbox believers are growing by the day. Believe me when I say that there was a lot at stake for all console gamers with the launch of the Xbox.

If Microsoft had delivered a console that was not up to next generation standards, we as gamers would have all suffered. If the Xbox had bombed at launch and sold poorly during the 2001 holiday season, Sony and Nintendo would have absolutely no reason to improve their products. They could have gone on about their business as usual with the knowledge that gamers were powerless to do anything to stop them. Boy, have things sure changed.

The Xbox arrived and is turning out to be everything the hype said it was. The launch was a tremendous success and software keeps flying off the shelves in record numbers. Even if you are a Gamecube or PS2 gamer, there is a very good reason to celebrate Microsoft's new baby. All companies involved in the console wars now have to adopt a new gameplan.

With the Xbox, Microsoft has upped the bet in the great console poker game. When Microsoft finally layed their hand down on November 15th, it turned out that not only were they not bluffing, but they had a full house. Nintendo and Sony now have real competition. They can't rest on their past success and become fat and lazy. This rings especially true for Sony.

Sony truly thought that the PS2 was going to be everybody's darling for at least four years. Now in only it's second year, the PS2 is not only the oldest of the three consoles on the market, but is the weakest (graphics/memory/speed) of the three as well. Sure, Sony had a year head start and will most likely win this round of the console wars as far as sales numbers are concerned. But all bets are off on the next round.

Millions of gamers are now loyal Xbox owners and the numbers are growing daily. So in a few years when all of the big three (Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft) have new consoles again, alot of gamers will look at Microsoft first instead of Sony and Nintendo. See with this original Xbox, Microsoft is just wanting to finish a strong second in this round of the console race. They want to get their name and logo spread all over the minds of gamers across the world so next time they have a real chance for first place.

Guess what. It's working folks. Millions of gamers have flocked to Microsoft since November 15th, and the number grows daily. All gamers not matter what console they play should be smiling. The Xbox has set the new standard that all future consoles will be measured by. Console gaming on a whole has just taken the next step.

Somewhere, Bill Gates is smiling. So is his bank manager.

Till next time, may the force be with you gamers ...always...
Wed 06/02/02 at 17:43
Have you even played an x-box?
Fri 08/02/02 at 16:27
Regular
"I won the turnips!!"
Of course.
Fri 08/02/02 at 17:29
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
I have, in Dixons today. One word. HALO. ......it's brilliant, and Dead Or Alive 3, well I thought the PS2 Dead Or Alive 2 was impressive but this one is beautiful.
Fri 08/02/02 at 19:38
Thos are the only two games that may change my mind about the x-box (said with spite)
Fri 08/02/02 at 21:54
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
What about Buffy, Gun valkyrie, Project Gotham Racer, Wreckless, Conflict Desert Storm, the new Commando's 2 version, that RPG one (Igo or something, it was in edge) Jet Set Radio - just to name a few. These all look like really great games.
Fri 08/02/02 at 22:19
Regular
"facepartyid prodigy"
Xbox is great, go play on the new demo machines you will be impressed.
Sat 09/02/02 at 22:33
DaveyDenton wrote:
> Have you even played an x-box?

No seriously

have you tried the gamecube yet...
you wont go back i can tell you...
Sun 10/02/02 at 16:57
Regular
"Formerly 'Etila'"
i've played the gamecube, i owned one.
but i sold it as my DC was better. The Xbox is the best console. full stop.
Sun 10/02/02 at 17:09
Regular
"That's right!"
Riat wrote:
> i've played the gamecube, i owned one.
but i sold it as my DC was better
---------------

Yep, we ALL believe you...

Pft

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.