GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Finaly I touch an x-box"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 06/02/02 at 14:15
Regular
Had a quick play of the x-box in EB today after my interview for PC world and...............

it was kinda ok, it had that demo disk in it and i gave gothem racing (spelt badly) which i had a blast on and i thought it was good but nothing to say "wow buy me buy me buy me"

Had some snowboarding game (i forget the name it was early this morning so i wasn't paying attention) but that was ok to but nothing i haven't seen before.

Had a peek at the halo rollin' demo and ohhh it looks nice but nothing i haven't seen before either really.

The control pad is quite confortable but it's so big, i think my little sis would find it hard to reach the buttons.
The other thing i didn't like about the pad was the 6 buttons 4 are bright coloured and 2 otheres which are very small and you have to streech for to reach.

the console itself is huge, it's way to big i would have to build another room for it i reckon :)

Anyway to sum up while it looked nice and the games seemed ok they were just to avergae, they should of tried to get a really nice launch title on board really.
It was ok to play but i don't know if it's really worth the £300 price tag. i think i'll hang on for GC and stick to playing the PS2 while i wait :)
Wed 06/02/02 at 23:56
Regular
First people outside of London and 11th in the country to get one..nerrrr:op
Wed 06/02/02 at 23:55
Regular
We got our pod today...the reset button was broken

I wont be able to play on an X-Box for long because my hands are too small for the controller

that funky mini game game was cool though,shame its not on the PS2
Wed 06/02/02 at 20:52
i have seen gothem racing and i seriously still think gran turismo 3 looks better, strange i thought xbox had better graphics.
Wed 06/02/02 at 20:19
Regular
"Wants Superpowers!"
Also the pad i way to big, i ha trouble handling it, so how is a little kid going to use it?
Wed 06/02/02 at 19:11
Regular
i played an XBOX and i thought the Snowboard game was wicked
Wed 06/02/02 at 19:05
Regular
"Wants Superpowers!"
I played on the X-box on the first day it came out to play on the shops. Andonce again tough it was the biggest thng in the world, I might have bought it if I had room for it but I don't. And the only game on it that seemed any good in the hyped 'Halo'.

So, PS2 get my vote for this generation of console.

Willyum.
Wed 06/02/02 at 18:23
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
GOD this is annoying me!

I have three locals shops: 2 EBs and 1 Game. NONE of them have an Xbox on display. Its all this "Preorder now" cr@p. How am I supposed to pre-order it if I don't know wheather of not its any good!?

Even all your local unknown shops have Xbox's! The local shops near me are in the Merry Hill centre, one of the biggest centres in England (about 5th or something). Why haven't they got Xbox's???

Sorry, I just had to get that off my chest, I really want a go on one!
Wed 06/02/02 at 18:15
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Your Momma is so big, her dress size is X-Box!

Heh...

I didn't like X-Box. I played it in CEX, admittedly, HALO is good, but it's just an FPS, with samey levels. It's hardly ground-breaking.

Sure, Nintendo might not have sold as many copies of SSBM as MS have Halo, but HALO is their top title... wait until Mario comes out, or Metorid, or Zelda!

Frankly, X-Box is an ornament... and a big one at that!

Most of the games are sequels, or cheap takes on other franchises - PGR > MSR - Amped > SSX/Shaun Palmer - Wreckless > Twisted Metal Black - JSRF > JSR - I mean there isn't really anything ground breaking!

I bet you people sell their X-Boxes for PS2's or GameCube....

Personally, I think the PS2 and GameCube are just as good as each other... sure the GC's games might look better, but there are WAY more games for PS2, and it'll definitely be the console to own once Maximo, AC4, MGS2, Wipeout Fusion, SOE and Kessen II are released!!!

Wipeout is released on Friday - Get it, it's wikid!

Shame about the SOE delay...!

Game: Still Addicted to Beatles after 12 Years!
Wed 06/02/02 at 16:40
Regular
"Ninty's best friend"
if i'm a ninty fan then why do i have a sega dreamcast and a sony PS2 and PS1?

and yeah it was early this morning hence the bad spelling on gotham and the lack of memory for the name of that snowboarding game and i was being sarcastic about it's size when i made the comment about building another room :)
Wed 06/02/02 at 14:24
"slightlyshortertagl"
Here I go:

~Resurection~ wrote:
> Had a quick play of the x-box in EB today after my interview for PC world
> and...............

Interview for PC World... good luck

it was kinda ok, it had that demo disk in it and i gave
> gothem racing (spelt badly) which i had a blast on and i thought it was good but
> nothing to say "wow buy me buy me buy me"

Its actually GothAm racing...

Had some snowboarding
> game (i forget the name it was early this morning so i wasn't paying attention)
> but that was ok to but nothing i haven't seen before.

Its actually called Amped: Snowboarding....

Had a peek at the halo
> rollin' demo and ohhh it looks nice but nothing i haven't seen before either
> really.

Rolling demo.. i'm surprised...

The control pad is quite confortable but it's so big, i think my
> little sis would find it hard to reach the buttons.
The other thing i didn't
> like about the pad was the 6 buttons 4 are bright coloured and 2 otheres which
> are very small and you have to streech for to reach.

too true mate too true....

the console itself is
> huge, it's way to big i would have to build another room for it i reckon
> :)

Another room?!?!?!?!?!?

Anyway to sum up while it looked nice and the games seemed ok they were
> just to avergae, they should of tried to get a really nice launch title on board
> really.
It was ok to play but i don't know if it's really worth the £300
> price tag. i think i'll hang on for GC and stick to playing the PS2 while i wait
> :)

You're a NINTY arnt you?

Nice post though...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.