GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"is there a doctor in the house?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 06/02/02 at 14:02
Regular
bugs, glitches and very blatant mistakes. i hate them all in games. when i play a "next generation console" i expect to hav old generation mistakes removed. max payne for example has some really bad glitches. when u dive backwards towards a wall max's head will dissapear , when u shoot a bad guy in the chest towards a wall it looks as though he has been decapitated. this is the sort of mistake that gamers can do without as it shows a lack of effort on the developers part.

wwf smackdown 3 has terrible glitches and shoddy camerawork in the multiplayer mode, for example, if u and your opponent stand on a table and try to perform an irish whip, then all of a sudden both people are performing the move whilst floating in mid-air. this is completely unnacceptable, i mean who wants to shell out up to £40 for a game that looks as though it isnt even complete yet?

the makers of gran turismo show lack of effort also, as gt3 still does not contain collision damage, sure it may look realistic in every other aspect, but without damage, it just does not complete the realism (otherwise though, it is the most amazing driving game to date).

my opinion is that games developers put in more effort to their games and stop giving us half-hearted attempts, before gamers themselves become dis-heartened.
Thu 07/02/02 at 13:47
ok, maybe you're right, but at least i agree that the game is still amazin as it is (have u seen the new gt game, gt:concept). poor conversions are a problem which i should hav addressed as it does show lack of effort, i mean could they hav made the control system in max payne any more fiddly for the ps2?
Wed 06/02/02 at 16:29
Regular
"Ninty's best friend"
keef wrote:
> bugs, glitches and very blatant mistakes. i hate them all in games. when i play
> a "next generation console" i expect to hav old generation mistakes
> removed. max payne for example has some really bad glitches. when u dive
> backwards towards a wall max's head will dissapear , when u shoot a bad guy in
> the chest towards a wall it looks as though he has been decapitated. this is the
> sort of mistake that gamers can do without as it shows a lack of effort on the
> developers part.

wwf smackdown 3 has terrible glitches and shoddy
> camerawork in the multiplayer mode, for example, if u and your opponent stand on
> a table and try to perform an irish whip, then all of a sudden both people are
> performing the move whilst floating in mid-air. this is completely
> unnacceptable, i mean who wants to shell out up to £40 for a game that
> looks as though it isnt even complete yet?

the makers of gran turismo show
> lack of effort also, as gt3 still does not contain collision damage, sure it may
> look realistic in every other aspect, but without damage, it just does not
> complete the realism (otherwise though, it is the most amazing driving game to
> date).

I doubt a lack of car damage as a lack of effort it's just the car makers wouldn't allow the developers to do it, like when porche challenge was released on PSX, some car manafacturers don't ike to see there stuff smashed to pieces.
Maybe they could of persuaded them but really it doesn't make much difference to the gameplay. it would of been nice to see a few more tracks maybe but that's the real only bad thing about the game.
hardly think this is a bug, glitche or a very blatant mistakes.

my opinion is that games developers put in more effort to their
> games and stop giving us half-hearted attempts, before gamers themselves become
> dis-heartened.

i think all that's lacking is an effort into gameplay, so what about max payne's minor graphics glitch when it's got good gameplay (well maybe the PC version rather than the dodgy looking ps2 version).

i think the main thing that's lacking is decent conversions of games to other consoles and PC's, look at MGS on the PC, and compare the PC max payne to the PS2. and what about the fifa games with there nice graphics but cack gameplay.
Wed 06/02/02 at 16:04
something i forgot to mention as a blatant mistake is the army men series of games by 3do. these are perhaps the worst games ever yet they cary on making them in the hope that they'll get it right someday. i suggest the next installment should b called army men:operation pants.
Wed 06/02/02 at 14:02
bugs, glitches and very blatant mistakes. i hate them all in games. when i play a "next generation console" i expect to hav old generation mistakes removed. max payne for example has some really bad glitches. when u dive backwards towards a wall max's head will dissapear , when u shoot a bad guy in the chest towards a wall it looks as though he has been decapitated. this is the sort of mistake that gamers can do without as it shows a lack of effort on the developers part.

wwf smackdown 3 has terrible glitches and shoddy camerawork in the multiplayer mode, for example, if u and your opponent stand on a table and try to perform an irish whip, then all of a sudden both people are performing the move whilst floating in mid-air. this is completely unnacceptable, i mean who wants to shell out up to £40 for a game that looks as though it isnt even complete yet?

the makers of gran turismo show lack of effort also, as gt3 still does not contain collision damage, sure it may look realistic in every other aspect, but without damage, it just does not complete the realism (otherwise though, it is the most amazing driving game to date).

my opinion is that games developers put in more effort to their games and stop giving us half-hearted attempts, before gamers themselves become dis-heartened.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.