GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamespots yearly award thing"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 29/12/02 at 12:39
Regular
If you didnt know then GS have done their annual best and worst awards.

Do you agree with their choices?

*spoilers below incase you want to read it first and be surprised or something*

-
-
-

Game Of The Year: MechAssault

I was expecting Splinter Cell to get that award. From the reviews it seems that the PC Mech games are better because you can customise the mechs. So I dont see why MA would get the Game Of The Year award.

Most Disappointing: ToeJam & Earl III: Mission to Earth

I wouldnt have expected that game to be good so I dont think it really fits the category.

Best Game No One Played on Xbox: Buffy the Vampire Slayer

I would have thought the game would be quite popular. The show has a big enough following and the reviews seem to be positive.

-
-
-

*End Spoilers*

What are your opinions on the games chosen for the various categories and genres. Deserving? Undeserving? Gamespot have lost it?
Sun 29/12/02 at 12:39
If you didnt know then GS have done their annual best and worst awards.

Do you agree with their choices?

*spoilers below incase you want to read it first and be surprised or something*

-
-
-

Game Of The Year: MechAssault

I was expecting Splinter Cell to get that award. From the reviews it seems that the PC Mech games are better because you can customise the mechs. So I dont see why MA would get the Game Of The Year award.

Most Disappointing: ToeJam & Earl III: Mission to Earth

I wouldnt have expected that game to be good so I dont think it really fits the category.

Best Game No One Played on Xbox: Buffy the Vampire Slayer

I would have thought the game would be quite popular. The show has a big enough following and the reviews seem to be positive.

-
-
-

*End Spoilers*

What are your opinions on the games chosen for the various categories and genres. Deserving? Undeserving? Gamespot have lost it?
Sun 29/12/02 at 17:59
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Nah, shudda been:

Best game: Splinter Cell
Dissapointing: Blinx
Best game no-one played: Deathrow
Sun 29/12/02 at 19:00
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Mech Assault definately is a very good game, but it's only really brilliant because of multiplayer and Xbox Live.

Single player still is brilliant. Haven't tried Splinter Cell, so I can't comment.
Mon 30/12/02 at 11:06
Regular
Gamespot are not reliable, I never trust them.

It should of been

Best game: Splinter Cell
Dissapointing: Rally Fusion
Best game no-one played: Phantom Crash

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.