GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So, we get Splinter Cell..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Splinter Cell'.
Sun 29/12/02 at 18:20
Regular
...and then Raven Shield goes and looks a lot better. Silly world this is.
Sun 29/12/02 at 18:20
Regular
...and then Raven Shield goes and looks a lot better. Silly world this is.
Sun 29/12/02 at 18:25
"High polygon count"
I'd highly recommend Splinter Cell when it's out on PS2.

I got the Xbox version for Christmas, and it is a fantastic game.
Sun 29/12/02 at 18:31
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
it does look pretty good on the xbox, but will it be as good on the PS 2? ive heard that they toned it down a bit on the PS 2 and if they have that would be a bit of a shame.
Sun 29/12/02 at 18:32
Regular
"Whatever!"
I will probably be getting it on X-Box - Cant wait any longer for it to appear on PS2!
Sun 29/12/02 at 18:34
Regular
There is footage of Splinter Cell running on PS2 in the latest edition of Play.
Sun 29/12/02 at 18:35
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I wonder how much memory card space you will need. A PS2 memory card is 8mb and in terms of blocks on the XBox that amounts to 502, as the 8mb XBox card is 502 blocks. Splinter Cell on the XBox takes up 469 blocks, nearly the whole 8mb. This is the biggest XBox save I have seen, the other big one was Halo at 233 per save.

So will Splinter Cell on the PS2 need a whole 8mb card? As the 469 blocks for my Splinter Cell on XBox save, is just for ONE save and thats nearly 8mb!!!!.
Sun 29/12/02 at 18:43
Regular
Maybe you'll have to sellotape two cards together :-)
Sun 29/12/02 at 18:46
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Asher D wrote:
> Maybe you'll have to sellotape two cards together :-)

Maybe, or you may not be able to save :) May just give yoy pass codes once you complete a level :)
Sun 29/12/02 at 18:50
"High polygon count"
I'd imagine they'll work on something for the saves. I can't see there's much info that it really has to save, to be honest. It could just be a case of the Xbox save taking up that much room "because it can".

I mean, what can Splinter Cell really put on the save? All it needs is your checkpoint and ammo counts. There's no weaponry to save, because you can't collect any during the missions. There's only really the data stick info, and that can all be saved as flags, taking up probably just a few bytes. I wouldn't imagine it'll take up any more than 500k, in all honesty.
Sun 29/12/02 at 18:53
Regular
Splinter Cell saves need to save less than a Pro Evolution 2 Master League save, which saves all stats, positions, team players, points and all that stuff. And that takes up less than roughly 300. Xbox memory cards suck. :-P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.