GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rez "structural" info"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 06/02/02 at 10:44
Regular
Some have been questioning whether to buy Rez because of longevity and replayability issues.
Well below is the full structure of the game (which I had to take out of my review of Rez because I exceeded the word count.)
So for what it's worth, I thought I'd put it here.

(1) *travelling* - in this mode you can play through Areas 1 to 4 and your character will not take any damage. The manual says: "Perfect for practicing or just chilling out".

(2) *play* - this is the main mode which consists of Areas 1 to 5. Each Area has a different flavour (Egyptian, pastoral, etc) and contains 10 'layers' and a 'guardian'. The ultimate aim of this mode is to awaken and free the mysterious 'eden' who is trapped within the system.

(3) *score-attack* - this mode allows you to attempt to beat your previous high scores on Areas 1 to 5. The difficulty level is increased as there are more enemies to contend with in different positions.

(4) *options* - View high score tables, tweak things, blah, blah, blah.

(5) *beyond* - this mode is unlocked on completion of the main game ('play'). By various and slightly obscure ways you can unlock many bonus levels such as:

-*direct assault* - play through all the Areas in one go from start to finish. Only by completing this with a high points total will you able to witness the 'full liberation of eden'.

-*lost area* - a new level with a gentle trance soundtrack.

-*trance mission* - a never-ending and weird zone.

-*boss rush* - play all the end of Area guardians in order.

On top of this there is the 'beyond options' in which you can toggle between camera views, laser beam types and colour schemes.
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Wed 06/02/02 at 10:44
Regular
Some have been questioning whether to buy Rez because of longevity and replayability issues.
Well below is the full structure of the game (which I had to take out of my review of Rez because I exceeded the word count.)
So for what it's worth, I thought I'd put it here.

(1) *travelling* - in this mode you can play through Areas 1 to 4 and your character will not take any damage. The manual says: "Perfect for practicing or just chilling out".

(2) *play* - this is the main mode which consists of Areas 1 to 5. Each Area has a different flavour (Egyptian, pastoral, etc) and contains 10 'layers' and a 'guardian'. The ultimate aim of this mode is to awaken and free the mysterious 'eden' who is trapped within the system.

(3) *score-attack* - this mode allows you to attempt to beat your previous high scores on Areas 1 to 5. The difficulty level is increased as there are more enemies to contend with in different positions.

(4) *options* - View high score tables, tweak things, blah, blah, blah.

(5) *beyond* - this mode is unlocked on completion of the main game ('play'). By various and slightly obscure ways you can unlock many bonus levels such as:

-*direct assault* - play through all the Areas in one go from start to finish. Only by completing this with a high points total will you able to witness the 'full liberation of eden'.

-*lost area* - a new level with a gentle trance soundtrack.

-*trance mission* - a never-ending and weird zone.

-*boss rush* - play all the end of Area guardians in order.

On top of this there is the 'beyond options' in which you can toggle between camera views, laser beam types and colour schemes.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.