GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XIII - Unlucky for some"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Xiii'.
Sun 29/12/02 at 19:24
Regular
According to the Official PS2 mag, 'XIII' (or in proper English, 'Thirteen') - Ubi Soft's cel-shaded FPS game - has slipped from March 2003 to "autumn 2003".

"Quality is always our priority, and we have decided to take additional time to ensure XIII is as close to perfect as possible."

That's the official reason given. It's not clear whether this is *just* the PS2 version, or all versions.
Sun 29/12/02 at 22:38
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
How did you get a friend in the game desighning buissness? anyhow atleast it should be even better by the time it reaches its release date.
Sun 29/12/02 at 22:30
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> "Quality is always our priority, and we have decided to take
> additional time to ensure XIII is as close to perfect as
> possible."
>
> That's the official reason given. It's not clear whether this is
> *just* the PS2 version, or all versions.

I've got a mate who works on the devteam there for XIII, the unofficial reason is:

"It was naff so we decided to redo it."
Sun 29/12/02 at 22:27
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
Yeah it does look pretty good dosnt it. i quite like the idea of a serious cel shaded game. instead of a game with cartoony graphics, cartooney characters and a cartooney plot. this will be altogether alot more serious. Its set in France i think?
Sun 29/12/02 at 21:50
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
And I'm also quite unhappy that it has been moved back - it's a FPS I'm actually looking forward to, and have been since I first set eyes on it.
Sun 29/12/02 at 21:49
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Malcior wrote:
> is XIII the one with the cartoony graphics?

---

Indeed it is.
Sun 29/12/02 at 20:35
Regular
"Notable"
is XIII the one with the cartoony graphics?
Sun 29/12/02 at 20:32
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
I hope it dosnt get put back on the cube. I kinda licked the look of it and was hopin to get t near the release. i like the cheesiness of the words poppin up on screen.
Sun 29/12/02 at 19:29
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
thats nothing, Thief III has so far been delayed nearly 3 years from the original release date.
Sun 29/12/02 at 19:26
Regular
Play say it got shifted to June.
Sun 29/12/02 at 19:24
"High polygon count"
According to the Official PS2 mag, 'XIII' (or in proper English, 'Thirteen') - Ubi Soft's cel-shaded FPS game - has slipped from March 2003 to "autumn 2003".

"Quality is always our priority, and we have decided to take additional time to ensure XIII is as close to perfect as possible."

That's the official reason given. It's not clear whether this is *just* the PS2 version, or all versions.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.