GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"This is so unfair!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 06/02/02 at 10:14
Regular
I recently bought myself a brand-spanking-new PC. It's a 1.4Ghz AMD Athlon, 256 RAM, 64Mb Geforce2 MX, 40 Gig hard-drive, and I'm running Windows 98SE.

The problem is though that when I run 3D Mark 2001 I only get a measly score of 1,315. That is rotten, considering similar PC's can double that and more.

Does anyone have any idea whatsoever about how I can improve this without overclocking anything?
Thanx very much. (:-)
Wed 06/02/02 at 19:27
If your PC has a mobo which uses a VIA chipset get the VIA 4in1 4.37 drivers. This could help performance and should increase stability. Also, try getting a tweaker from www.3dfxfiles.com to tweak up your card, it can work. If you are REALLY serious abpout increasing performance without buying new hardware, try getting a guide to tweak your BIOS, but if it is an MX200 you're not going to get much more out of it.
Wed 06/02/02 at 15:55
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Heh, sounds familiar - you may find that it's a 64mb MX200, which give very poor 3dm 2k1 scores...game performance seems ok though. Check the motherboard model too...and were there any processes running in the background at all? Empty System Tray?

You've set me off again now, I'm determined to get mine above 7000...and kick gibbo abit for passing 10000..
Wed 06/02/02 at 15:19
Regular
"Stud-muffin!!"
Turbonutter wrote:
> I really disagree it's that rotten. Who made the PC?

Eerrrmmmm.....www.campus.uk.co
Why?
Wed 06/02/02 at 13:58
Regular
try getting the latest detononator drivers from www.nvidia.com this may increase performance.

c.b.
Wed 06/02/02 at 13:27
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I really disagree it's that rotten. Who made the PC?
Wed 06/02/02 at 10:14
Regular
"Stud-muffin!!"
I recently bought myself a brand-spanking-new PC. It's a 1.4Ghz AMD Athlon, 256 RAM, 64Mb Geforce2 MX, 40 Gig hard-drive, and I'm running Windows 98SE.

The problem is though that when I run 3D Mark 2001 I only get a measly score of 1,315. That is rotten, considering similar PC's can double that and more.

Does anyone have any idea whatsoever about how I can improve this without overclocking anything?
Thanx very much. (:-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.