GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Which is the best?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 29/12/02 at 19:33
Regular
I've got the lotus steering wheel, (not the crappy infared model) and i am yet to own a racing/driving game for my XBOX. I am not into rallying games like colin mcrae although i realise that they are good games, (just not my cup of tea)
I am looking into buying a racing/driving which is compatible with my wheel and i was wondering of any of you had any sugesstions as to which games are good to use with the steering wheel.(Except rally games)

Cheers...
Sun 29/12/02 at 19:33
I've got the lotus steering wheel, (not the crappy infared model) and i am yet to own a racing/driving game for my XBOX. I am not into rallying games like colin mcrae although i realise that they are good games, (just not my cup of tea)
I am looking into buying a racing/driving which is compatible with my wheel and i was wondering of any of you had any sugesstions as to which games are good to use with the steering wheel.(Except rally games)

Cheers...
Sun 29/12/02 at 20:01
Regular
""To the pub...""
you can't go wrong with Sega GT 2002 :)

or

project gotham racing
Sun 29/12/02 at 20:04
I just read a review of sega GT nd it was given 3/10 for poor graphic styling and uninspiring detail whereas PGR was given 8/10 nd is just about as good as GT3... so i reckon i'll go with PGR.
Sun 29/12/02 at 20:08
Regular
In my opinion the best racing game ever created is Project Gotham Racing so you can't go wrong there! You can customise your own soundtracks, the graphics are amazing (environments are blandish but the cars look delightful) and the game will last you for a long time. With you using a steering wheel you want a game with good car physics and as a big fan of the racing genre I am yet to find a racing game that has better car physics than Project Gotham Racing. SEGA GT 2002 is very good alternative though and although you don't like Rally games it would be a shame to miss out on RalliSport Challenge or Colin Mcrae 3! For now though you would be best with PGR.
Sun 29/12/02 at 21:23
Regular
PGR.
Mon 30/12/02 at 11:09
Regular
Project Gotham Racing.

I purchased this the other day in the sales for £29.98, It has the most realisitc car mechanics and graphics ever. This game will probably be the only time you ever touch some of those nice supercars.
Mon 30/12/02 at 21:51
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I would go for Sega GT 2002, 3/10 for graphics? I dont understand why that is!

Is all of PGR timed? I just got a loan of it tonight from a friend and I think the time limits really suck!
Tue 31/12/02 at 00:14
Regular
Timed? Only the Kudos challenge mode, total laps challenge and the Timed runs are timed in a way that you need to work against the clock. It would be way too easy if you could turn back and pull a load of tricks with the cars if it wasn't timed! Gees, people these days want everything given to them on a plate. Haven't you heard of a good challenge? Thats one of the reason that draws me into a game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.