GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"TONY - I CAN'T SEE THRU THE FOG"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 05/02/02 at 23:25
Regular
Look, does anyone agree that there is so much crap being posted round here, I have posted some strange posts too, I will admit that, but there is so much completely buffonic topics going round over and over again.

I can't see any decent topics through all the dust, so I propose a limit to the number of topics that any one member may start in a week. How does 21 sound?

You can post as much as you want, but only inside DECENT TOPICS!!!!!!!

So much rubbish

So, Tony? How about it?
Wed 06/02/02 at 13:15
Regular
funkygamer wrote:
I thought life, love and football and long and amusing stories where both designed for general chit-chat.

Long and Amusing stories is really just an archive of the stories we put up in FoG Prime, they are kind of a tradition. Long and Amusing Stories is not really the place for "Well, down the pub last night..." type stories.

Life, Love... forum is for stuff to do with life. We've had stuff liek terrorism, religion, big bang - stuff like that. Along with loads of sport topics as well.

> Perhaps a change of name for this forum is needed, to
> help clarify this problem?

>To what? How much more simple could it be?

Ok, About 6 months or more ago, there was no FoG Chat. There was just Prime and the other forums. Prime was the "main" place to post stuff. Some of the other forums were hardly used at all.

Newbies were spamming up Prime with the type of stuff that is now in here. So Chat was made, and users cannot start a thread in Prime until they are regulars.

The regulars use this place for general chat, jokes, pointless stuff, and Prime for serious gaming topics.

Newbies however, have to post their gaming stuff in here, as they can't do it in Prime.

Now that this place is the blatant chat place, it might be better to allow newbies to post in Prime, so all gaming stuff is in their, and then just rename this forum to just Chat, or something like that.
Wed 06/02/02 at 13:05
Your Honour wrote:
> This is general chit chat, in my view anyway.

I thought life, love and football and long and amusing stories where both designed for general chit-chat.

> Perhaps a change of name for this forum is needed, to
> help clarify this problem?

To what? How much more simple could it be?

Am I being too militant here?
Wed 06/02/02 at 13:02
Regular
"I confused?"
Look at mine thread plane gaming, thats anything but spam.
Wed 06/02/02 at 12:59
Regular
funkygamer wrote:
> Your Honour wrote:
> Well, this is the, er... CHAT forum.....

No. This is The Future of Gaming (Chat) forum. This forum should be about gaming. There is too much in here that should either be in "Long and amusing Stories" or "Life Love and Football".

I'm not pointing any fingers at anyone because I try to steer clear of those topics, but there are quite a few of them nontheless.

I feel that general gaming topics go in Fog PRIME, any console specific topics go in the relevant forums, music, films, sport etc all have their specific forums. This is general chit chat, in my view anyway.

Perhaps a change of name for this forum is needed, to help clarify this problem?
Wed 06/02/02 at 12:37
hehe, we've all doone it onee slipe on the kyboard ad thas it!
Wed 06/02/02 at 12:35
Regular
"Acid Casual"
Do I feel like a chump now or what....
Wed 06/02/02 at 12:34
Craw wrote:
> Freedom of Speach anyone?

I prefer Freedom of Speech myself... I bet you were waiting for that!!! ;)

The point is, there is freedom of speech in this forum, but in the right places!!! In real life we send MP's off to fight our case for us in the proper place at the proper time. We don't just storm in and spout off in the middle of Prime Ministers Question Time do we? No.

Even a democratic forum has rules. Why is there different forums at all if we should all just post in the same one about whatever we feel like?

If I posted a web design related question in here I would be funkin' flamed to hell and back... thats why I use the web design forum instead.

It's simple really. I visit this forum to read about games, not about why "going to the gym rocks" or the "campaign to end all campaigns" or what ever else there is. If I wanted to read that, I would go to life, love and football, which I regularly do. I wouldn't mind that stuff being in there at all because that is what it is for.
Wed 06/02/02 at 12:26
Regular
"Acid Casual"
Freedom of Speach anyone?
Wed 06/02/02 at 12:11
Your Honour wrote:
> Well, this is the, er... CHAT forum.....

No. This is The Future of Gaming (Chat) forum. This forum should be about gaming. There is too much in here that should either be in "Long and amusing Stories" or "Life Love and Football".

I'm not pointing any fingers at anyone because I try to steer clear of those topics, but there are quite a few of them nontheless.
Wed 06/02/02 at 12:10
Stryke wrote:
> Oh, shut up Dan. You do nothing but moan. It's a Chat Forum, if you object, go
> to Prime.

Oi, leave Dan alone, he aint that bad :) His topics are a great novel.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.