GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What's The Joy?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 30/12/02 at 14:11
Regular
The whole matter of why many of us love games so much astounds quite a lot of people - that is people who rarely or never play computer games. There is a whole lot of reasons why many like me get so addicted to playing games, but do you really know what all those reasons are? Developers and gaming expertise work day in day out on computer games so they obviously have a passion for what can be seen as an art, and we the consumers are privileged by what they have achieved in making their final product, whether average or above average and even though we've got to pay a price.

It's great to get things out in the open so here comes some reasons why we play computer games:

1) Past Experience - The majority of people who indulge in games frequently have indefinitely had a lot of experience from right at the growing stages of the industry. We're talking retro gaming here! From the simplicity of the first ever Ping-Pong game to the extraordinary space battles of the Space Invaders (extraordinary at the time)and then to the tactical challenge of Pac-man. The earlier you begun your crave for computer games the better you'll be at tackling new ones today! It's a well-known fact. Maybe that explains why I'm so good at every game I play! Enough of the facts, the issue is that if you really started playing games since it started getting recognition the more you'll enjoy it.
Nintendo, Sega, Amiga, Commodore and all the other legends of gaming were pretty satisfying and quite f
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Mon 30/12/02 at 14:11
Regular
The whole matter of why many of us love games so much astounds quite a lot of people - that is people who rarely or never play computer games. There is a whole lot of reasons why many like me get so addicted to playing games, but do you really know what all those reasons are? Developers and gaming expertise work day in day out on computer games so they obviously have a passion for what can be seen as an art, and we the consumers are privileged by what they have achieved in making their final product, whether average or above average and even though we've got to pay a price.

It's great to get things out in the open so here comes some reasons why we play computer games:

1) Past Experience - The majority of people who indulge in games frequently have indefinitely had a lot of experience from right at the growing stages of the industry. We're talking retro gaming here! From the simplicity of the first ever Ping-Pong game to the extraordinary space battles of the Space Invaders (extraordinary at the time)and then to the tactical challenge of Pac-man. The earlier you begun your crave for computer games the better you'll be at tackling new ones today! It's a well-known fact. Maybe that explains why I'm so good at every game I play! Enough of the facts, the issue is that if you really started playing games since it started getting recognition the more you'll enjoy it.
Nintendo, Sega, Amiga, Commodore and all the other legends of gaming were pretty satisfying and quite f

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.