GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anti-Ps2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 30/12/02 at 19:59
Regular
Dunno if theres already been a post about this but Sheesh!..

http://www.xbox.com/LIVE/Xbox+Live+vs+PS2.htm

Bloody Hell!
Mon 30/12/02 at 19:59
Regular
"Unretired"
Dunno if theres already been a post about this but Sheesh!..

http://www.xbox.com/LIVE/Xbox+Live+vs+PS2.htm

Bloody Hell!
Mon 30/12/02 at 20:01
Regular
"Unretired"
lol.
A=Xbox
B=Ps2

If you chose mostly A, congratulations! You are terrifically smart and talented. You know what's good and you know where to get it. Now get back to your Xbox!

If you chose mostly B, congratulations! You will have some fun with your coin-screwing, multiple names, laggy games, and hidden friends.
Mon 30/12/02 at 20:02
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Heh. Good old Microsoft. Never ones to pick a fight.
Mon 30/12/02 at 23:09
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I am thinking of getting PS2 online when its released. But if you need a user name for each game, pay a subscription for each game, no friends list etc. I think i'll forget about it. XBox Live is pretty perfect and if PS2 can't match it then I wont bother getting it.
Tue 31/12/02 at 00:41
Regular
"everyone says it"
I will get my GameCube online. I will also wait for the XBox Live service to be more available and then have it at Uni (if I get in and go next year).

That should be cool.

However, for the PS2 online? Thats a load of bull. The console is slow and aging.
Tue 31/12/02 at 09:04
Regular
er-no wrote:
> However, for the PS2 online? Thats a load of bull. The console is slow
> and aging.

I would of said the same, The online service for PS2 is going to be incredibly poor and most games need a subscription fee (and thats for each one)

If the Gamecube goes online, I would consider it, But I don't think it'll put any competition to the well organised and superior Xbox Live service.

Still, Good old MS always finding ways of picking on other consoles, Those bullys :P
Tue 31/12/02 at 09:47
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I dont think that the GC online service will be that good either. You still need to get a modem sorted out, and theres no mention of a voice communicator. I would consider both PS2 and GC online if they offer a low fee for subsription like Microsoft has done, and they dont charge extra for playing different games. I dont mind not having the communicator or even a friends list, but paying a subscription for every game would be a pain, and if thats the case with the PS2 and GC then Iam not going to bother.

And if with the PS2 and maybe GC where you need different user names and passwords for each game. I like having one account, and just putting a disc in and logging in without even needing a password. I could set one but I dont see the need for it as I am the only one to use my XBox. I also like the fact that you have a friends list and you can invite your friends in. Also joining a friends game even if hes in a different game, just open the tray, stick the game in, log in to Live and you join that game.

Another thing is you will need to keep your account details on a memory card, where as XBox has it all on your hard disk, in a nice menu where you can alter the set up etc.

Personnally I think XBox Live is the only online gaming system that is going to work successfully and be accepted. Microsoft designed XBox for online gaming right from day one. Sony and Nintendo have it as an after thought where you need upgrades to use it.

I may bother with PS2 and GC online, but it will have to be cheap to get it running, and be as good if not better than XBox Live. If there not as good as XBox Live then I wont bother, why would I want to use an inferior service.
Tue 31/12/02 at 09:49
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
In the US the GC online idea has already failed. The only game they had out was Phantasy Star Online and only a couple of million of people had it(which isn't alot). Of course you could still play online with the cube but you still have to deal with the fact that there will probably not be any more games besides that one.
Tue 31/12/02 at 09:58
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
It doesn't mean it's failed. There's only one GC online game available because Nintendo aren't concentrating on online games. I have to say though, if you're serious about online gaming, I've got the feeling that X-BOX is the only viable choice.
Tue 31/12/02 at 11:43
Wheres the info on the online Gamecube stuff?
Hopefully theyll make some kind of online Sonic game. Perhaps a remake of the arcade Sonic fighting game.

As for the PS2 and different payments - that sucks.
I was planning to get it but youll end up paying loads unless its like a couple of quid a year per game.

X-Box Live certainly seems to be superior when it comes to online play.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.