GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Over!! (or not??)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 17/09/00 at 06:36
Regular
I think its a bit too early to say if the Premiership race is over. Sure Man Utd have got off to a flyer, and they probably will go on to win it again but I feel this year, teams at the top will push it till at least the final few games. My team Liverpool seem to have got their acts together, well apart from the appalling display at Highbury,the Dell and conceding far too many goals, they are improving. Look at last weeks performance against City, after giving away a two goal lead we managed to push forward right to the end and fully deserved to win. Last season we lost to Watford at Anfield around the same stage of the season. We had that 'never say die' attitude that wins games and vital points. Of course I still think we have a long way to go in order to reach United's standards (and that hurts for me to say) but so does the rest of the Premiership. Owen is back to his best, Fowler is making a recovery, Heskey, still has a bit to do to win the fans over, but I think he will soon show what he is capable of, and if we get our defence sorted then we may just be an outside bet to take the title. Then there are teams like Arsenal and Leeds who will be up there come the end of the season. Chelsea should get over there poor run of form, Villa are finding there form and Leicester are again looking like a hard team to beat. It will be interesting to see who is relegated come the final day. Ipswich and Charlton had massive victories yesterday and I would like to see them stay up, for the good of the game. West Ham (who will get stuffed later on today) will survive that I am sure.
It is definately going to be interesting this year, hopefully it wont be over by Christmas again (unfortanatly though it probably will) but if Liverpool can manage a Champions league place then that will be good enough for me!!
Mon 18/09/00 at 22:38
Regular
"Walking Stick Neede"
I think Man U are playing brillant at the mo!!!! better then ever before, if they keep it up, they will surely be unbeaterble!!!!!
Mon 18/09/00 at 17:06
Owen is performing out of his tiny skin at the mo, isn't he? He should be a good bet for 30+ at the end of the season.
Mon 18/09/00 at 09:28
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
Last week I felt that Arsenal had little chance of keeping up with Man U this year but Saturdays game against gave me a bit of hope. Although we made it difficult on ourselves and again failed to kill of a team when we should have been in a comfortable positions our new signings performed well enough to help fill te hole left ny Overmars and Petit.

Striker Wiltord looked bright enough and Pires looked as though he could actually live up to claims that he will become a player in the league of the Zidanes of this world with a faultless performance. Add to that the emergence of the mercurial Brazilian international Silvihnio as a quality goalscorer and things are starting to look a little brighter.
Sun 17/09/00 at 11:52
Regular
"Walking Stick Neede"
Owen is on top form for Liverpool and hopefully he will do the same for England. He should stop doing tv adverts and stuff and get on with his carrer in football. Otherwise anther young English player will slowly die out of the picture.
Sun 17/09/00 at 06:36
Regular
"Whatever!"
I think its a bit too early to say if the Premiership race is over. Sure Man Utd have got off to a flyer, and they probably will go on to win it again but I feel this year, teams at the top will push it till at least the final few games. My team Liverpool seem to have got their acts together, well apart from the appalling display at Highbury,the Dell and conceding far too many goals, they are improving. Look at last weeks performance against City, after giving away a two goal lead we managed to push forward right to the end and fully deserved to win. Last season we lost to Watford at Anfield around the same stage of the season. We had that 'never say die' attitude that wins games and vital points. Of course I still think we have a long way to go in order to reach United's standards (and that hurts for me to say) but so does the rest of the Premiership. Owen is back to his best, Fowler is making a recovery, Heskey, still has a bit to do to win the fans over, but I think he will soon show what he is capable of, and if we get our defence sorted then we may just be an outside bet to take the title. Then there are teams like Arsenal and Leeds who will be up there come the end of the season. Chelsea should get over there poor run of form, Villa are finding there form and Leicester are again looking like a hard team to beat. It will be interesting to see who is relegated come the final day. Ipswich and Charlton had massive victories yesterday and I would like to see them stay up, for the good of the game. West Ham (who will get stuffed later on today) will survive that I am sure.
It is definately going to be interesting this year, hopefully it wont be over by Christmas again (unfortanatly though it probably will) but if Liverpool can manage a Champions league place then that will be good enough for me!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.