GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The future of hardware..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 05/02/02 at 12:01
Regular
Howdy!

Just yesterday I was thinking what the future of console hardware will look like.

Over recent years I think we've all noticed a pattern - simple output to reasonable output to graet output to brilliant output. I was wondering if there would ever come a time when the change in hardware won't make much of a difference to the graphical, audio output etc. with such changes getting less and less as their standards approach realistic.

What will this mean? Will people stop buying new consoles every 5 years? Will hardware producers be able to survive if there is less demand for new machines?

Just a thought.
Tue 05/02/02 at 12:01
Howdy!

Just yesterday I was thinking what the future of console hardware will look like.

Over recent years I think we've all noticed a pattern - simple output to reasonable output to graet output to brilliant output. I was wondering if there would ever come a time when the change in hardware won't make much of a difference to the graphical, audio output etc. with such changes getting less and less as their standards approach realistic.

What will this mean? Will people stop buying new consoles every 5 years? Will hardware producers be able to survive if there is less demand for new machines?

Just a thought.
Tue 05/02/02 at 12:03
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
I'd imagine that in the future the line will be reached where the hardware is capable of everything we would ever need to be able to do would be reached...
Tue 05/02/02 at 12:10
"penguins in hawaii?"
yeah maybe, but i think that line is too far away to be able to judge when it will come. Then again, with the current increase in the gaming industry, we can only look on and wonder what the next generation of consoles will be after the ps2, gamecube and xbox.
Tue 05/02/02 at 12:12
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Photo/Video quality realism is the next landmark. It's a way off even with todays specs.
Tue 05/02/02 at 16:22
Regular
"smile, it's free"
And after that, gaming will have to take a step in a new direction. Hologrammes, immersion, etc....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.