GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Spinter Cell - amazing game, but..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Splinter Cell'.
Mon 30/12/02 at 22:31
Regular
Are the enemy all blind?

How can they miss Sam Fisher hiding in the shadows with that bloody great luminous green light on his back?! Not to mention the three 'green eyes' presented by the night vision goggles!

Other than that - fantastically amazing game!
Mon 30/12/02 at 22:31
"High polygon count"
Are the enemy all blind?

How can they miss Sam Fisher hiding in the shadows with that bloody great luminous green light on his back?! Not to mention the three 'green eyes' presented by the night vision goggles!

Other than that - fantastically amazing game!
Mon 30/12/02 at 22:39
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Yea, Ive been thinking about that too. Its really quite silly!

:)
Mon 30/12/02 at 22:50
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Good question. Mabye there all colourblind?
Tue 31/12/02 at 09:06
Regular
Yeah, I was thinking that aswell, Also fire a stick camera ahead of Sam (Maybe onto a wall opposite whilts hes in the shadows) On the camera image you can see Sam clearl, How can the guards miss him?

Ah well, Fantastic Game.
Tue 31/12/02 at 09:43
Regular
Played it non-stop Christmas Day & Boxing Day in a mini-gaming-marathon.
Nothing quite beats skulking in the shadows unseen.

The only bit I thought didn't work was reading the keylocked doorpads with the thermal goggles in the Chinese Embassy. Only 3 keys showed up....

But other than that - top class.
Fri 03/01/03 at 19:19
Regular
"You've upset me"
Yeah, I too was wondering how they missed him with all the lighting :-D

Still, bloody excellent game. I love the bit in the FBI headquarters with the big room, two blokes, one guarding the elevator the other talking on the phone. Great fun, sneaking up behind him and dragging him into the shadows. Then picking up the can and lobbing it and sneaking up behind the other one as he moves. Awesome fun.

The end to that level was bloody annoying though. Getting Dougherty down the stairs and taking out the guards was easy, but it took so much bloody time!

Anyway, awesome game. Can't wait for the GC version.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.