GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PLEASE HELP my xbox has a clock problem"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 31/12/02 at 10:46
Regular
Hi everyone

i just got an x box for christmas
and every time i turn the console it it keeps asking me for the time and date????

please help

thx very much
Tue 31/12/02 at 10:46
Regular
"PRO EVO MASTER"
Hi everyone

i just got an x box for christmas
and every time i turn the console it it keeps asking me for the time and date????

please help

thx very much
Tue 31/12/02 at 11:38
For some reason Microsoft decided that when you turn the power to your X-Box off your clock resets.
Tue 31/12/02 at 11:44
Regular
"PRO EVO MASTER"
so does this happen to every 1, is it a normal problem?
???????

when the main plug sitch where u connect the tv the x box 2 turns off?
Tue 31/12/02 at 12:51
Yes, it happens to everyone.

No, its the switch that connects your X-Box to a power supply.
Tue 31/12/02 at 13:06
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Leave your XBox plugged in. Because of the hard drive and other powerful computing parts a normal battery like the one in a PS2 or GC wouldnt work, as when the XBox is turned off the battery would be used up quickly. The XBox uses a Capacitor(spelling), just like in a VCR. This give the XBox all the internal power needed and it will keep the clock settings for a few hours if you unplug the power. Capacitors are used in electrical equipment that uses alot of power, as batterys would run out far too quickly when the product is turned off.
Tue 31/12/02 at 17:38
Regular
This is a problem, I find it annoying each and everytime I have a jam on my Xbox it asks me to set the time.

Grr.
Tue 31/12/02 at 17:47
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
gamezfreak wrote:
> This is a problem, I find it annoying each and everytime I have a jam
> on my Xbox it asks me to set the time.
>
> Grr.

Leave the plug in. The fact is that if the XBox had a battery like the GC or PS2 it would run out very quickly. Maybe Microsoft could have included a car battery as an external device and then you could recharge that every so often. Or maybe built in a small nuclear reactor inside the XBox. XBox eats more power when switched off than the PS2 and GC, nothing can be done about it as its components need the power.
Tue 31/12/02 at 21:48
Regular
Just don't bother - I skip it most of the time - especially when I don't have any games that are effected by the date and time.
Tue 31/12/02 at 21:51
Regular
i think it resets after 30mins when the plug taken out
Tue 31/12/02 at 22:04
"High polygon count"
adrian wrote:
> Leave your XBox plugged in. Because of the hard drive and other
> powerful computing parts a normal battery like the one in a PS2 or GC
> wouldnt work

Sorry mate, you know I respect you, but I can't honestly believe that you believe that - it's nonsense! PLEASE say you're only larking about!

A battery-backed clock is just that - the battery doesn't power anything else. PS2 has it, GC has it, and PCs have it - even with all the hardware. The *only* reasons for Xbox not to have one would be poor design or, more likely, a design oversight.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.