GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A New Sonic Game?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 31/12/02 at 12:49
Regular
Taken from: www.cube-europe.com

"Sega are allegedly making a new Sonic game."

"In a Japanese magazine called Dorimaga, Yuji Naka, head of Sonic Team, was quoted saying that a new Sonic title will be unveiled at 2003's Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) show."

"Perhaps surprisingly, this new Sonic will not be a Sonic Adventure sequel."

"So, for all you die-hard Sonic fans, wait till May 13 to find out new details of this Sonic game!"

"Just so you know, I'm going abroad this New Year, and won't be able to post anything till I'm back, so I'll just like to wish you guys a slighty early happy New Year, and hope you all had a great Xmas!"

------------

A new Sonic game, eh...

Seeing that it won't be a Sonic Adventure sequel, I wonder what it could be like? Will it be true to the classic MegaDrive Sonic games with 2-D gameplay in a 3-Dimensional world or something?
It can only be a good thing, really, if it's nothing like the other 2.

Can Dr.Robotnik (aka. "Eggman") really still be around after all that's gone on in the past??

Will the usual crew of Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles feature, along with Amy and a few others? Or will there be some new characters to choose from?

Anyone got any ideas at all??
And what format will/should it appear on?
Tue 31/12/02 at 12:49
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Taken from: www.cube-europe.com

"Sega are allegedly making a new Sonic game."

"In a Japanese magazine called Dorimaga, Yuji Naka, head of Sonic Team, was quoted saying that a new Sonic title will be unveiled at 2003's Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) show."

"Perhaps surprisingly, this new Sonic will not be a Sonic Adventure sequel."

"So, for all you die-hard Sonic fans, wait till May 13 to find out new details of this Sonic game!"

"Just so you know, I'm going abroad this New Year, and won't be able to post anything till I'm back, so I'll just like to wish you guys a slighty early happy New Year, and hope you all had a great Xmas!"

------------

A new Sonic game, eh...

Seeing that it won't be a Sonic Adventure sequel, I wonder what it could be like? Will it be true to the classic MegaDrive Sonic games with 2-D gameplay in a 3-Dimensional world or something?
It can only be a good thing, really, if it's nothing like the other 2.

Can Dr.Robotnik (aka. "Eggman") really still be around after all that's gone on in the past??

Will the usual crew of Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles feature, along with Amy and a few others? Or will there be some new characters to choose from?

Anyone got any ideas at all??
And what format will/should it appear on?
Tue 31/12/02 at 18:29
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
hmmmmmmm... thats strange, cos I'm sure Sonic Adventure 3 was in production!

Well... if what you say is true, and that a sequel to sonic adventure 2 is not going to be unveiled yet, then it could be anything. It could be another game similar to Sonic Shuffle, it could be a sequel to Sonic Spinball, anything really!
Tue 31/12/02 at 22:16
Regular
Sonic Adventure 3 never existed - twas a mistake on Sega of Americas behalf (interpreting a Japanese comment about a second GameCube sonic game which is supposed to be Sonic Adventure One)
Wed 01/01/03 at 21:21
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
Edgy wrote:
> Sonic Adventure 3 never existed - twas a mistake on Sega of Americas
> behalf (interpreting a Japanese comment about a second GameCube sonic
> game which is supposed to be Sonic Adventure One)

--Ohhh, thanx for that info Edgy. Thats cleared that up!!! I hope a Sonic Adventure 3 is in development though.
Fri 03/01/03 at 14:03
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I don't think that Sonic Adventure 3 is in development, or that it ever will be! I think that if it was, we'd have heard something about it long before now, instead of this `all-new` Sonic game.

I know that Sonic Adventure is in development for the GameCube sometime this year aswell, but I still don't think that could be this as it was announced ages ago.
Sat 04/01/03 at 14:04
Regular
Hopefully, it'll consist of 40 rip-roaringly fast Sonic speed levels in 3D.
Forget all the other characters: when I buy a Sonic game, I wanna just play Sonic.

A pure super-fast Sonic-only game - that's what the Sonic series needs. Back to basics in 3D.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.