GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gaming hour - Uhuh uhuh"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 05/02/02 at 00:02
Regular
Twenty four hours a day, seven days a week, three hundred and sixty five and a quarter days a year.

There is just not enough time. Not just for gaming, although that is what I will concentrate this topic on (obviously), but in general.

Whether its because the child is crying in bed, Eastenders has started or you get the call because your meal is ready and is 'getting cold on the table'. Gaming just can't seem to find its time in an average persons life. Is this fair?
If I had it my way, I would want to play games all day, make money and not get unhealthy of in anyway deteriorate in form against anybody else out there leading a normal life, I would want a 'gaming life'.

*drools*

However, most of us make time to play games, or luckily it is given to us because something has happened to an appointment or you are 'terribly' sick *cough cough*.

When I was at my gaming playing prime (age of about 4-10), I played none-stop, until my dad marched (literally) into my room, and turned off the television screen. I was always pleased he didn't turn the power off, and because of experience, I always remembered the exact way to save that particular game (normally 'Start' - 'Down once' - 'B' - 'B'). Then I put on a smile, and turned off the console, and let him believe I accepted his vastly superior power.

Sadly, as the years progressed from this amazing 'playing time', I started to lose hours of gaming due to work and issues effecting me. I still got in the hour then and again, and when a game that trully 'rocked my world' came into my possession, nobody was going to stop me playing it till I had completed it, not even the 'vastly superior one'. :D

Now.. well, I am a terribly full time student (damn), day in day out I work on college coursework. When do I play? Sadly, only during the hours of the night when shadows aren't standing over me ready to breathe the word 'work' down my ear. Holidays is when I do repeat my gaming world.

'Where is Joby?' They ask.
'Either playing a console, asleep or on the bog' Dad replies.

Surely, everyday, just for us gamers, there should be a 'gaming hour'. This being the twenty fifth hour of the day - I dunno - take a couple more days of February, nobody gives a monkeys about this month anyway.

There is just not enough time for gamers, I want to go back and play the games I used to love as a child again! How can I possibly do this? Without time? I wish I had 'Bernards Watch', I am jealous of him.

Thanks for reading.
er-no
Wed 06/02/02 at 22:55
Regular
"everyone says it"
Dringo wrote:
> I have this exact problem... holidays is gaming days... thats when i play games
> as i have the time to anytime else and well i don't...

I disagree no gaming
> hour, it was said o the eighth day god created turok... can that eightday be
> called gameday.

Turok will do nicely :)
Wed 06/02/02 at 22:32
Regular
I have this exact problem... holidays is gaming days... thats when i play games as i have the time to anytime else and well i don't...

I disagree no gaming hour, it was said o the eighth day god created turok... can that eightday be called gameday.
Tue 05/02/02 at 20:15
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Nice read Joby.

I think there should be a 25th hour, just reserved for gaming. I am now trying to fit in my console time, there just isnt any time. Work, girlfriend, etc. Damn the 24 hour days :o)
Tue 05/02/02 at 14:15
wrote:
> I used to have loads of time for playing games.... not any more. But sometimes that is not such a bad thing. After all most of us have other interests away from the joypad.

That being said it is hard to get time for games... and it is getting harder... I'm getting married in 6 months time... do you think I'll have time then ??!!
Tue 05/02/02 at 13:40
Regular
"++ Anti Antler ++"
I wish I had enough time away from school to play for hours solidly :(.
Tue 05/02/02 at 12:53
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Meka Dragon wrote:
> Gaming rules, but so do my children.
> So when Me, Lisa, Malibu and Georgia can all play a game together, it will be
> great!

Malibu? Oh dear.....
Tue 05/02/02 at 10:44
Regular
"not dead"
I get home from work just before 5, so have lots of time in the evenings.

I don't devote as much of this time to gaming as I'd like sometimes, because I have other priorities. But stealing 5 minutes for a quick go on Mario Kart Advance, always brightens the moment. Especially considering that children can be rather demanding, especially of time.

However, I shall have the last laugh once I train them to play games with me. Hahahaha!

Malibu loves to sit and watch me play some games, she's fond of Banjo Tooie. Unfortunately Georgia is still at the 'in-mouth' stage. Everything goes in her mouth. She crawls over, pulls the wires, then chews on them. As such, it's not safe to get out a console whilst she's about, bless her!

She'll learn to sit and watch, patiently waiting for her turn though, over time.

Gaming rules, but so do my children. So when Me, Lisa, Malibu and Georgia can all play a game together, it will be great!
Tue 05/02/02 at 10:30
Regular
"everyone says it"
cookie monster wrote:

You wouldnt be able to play games with bernards watch
> because the images on the TV would freeze as soon as you depress the button on
> the watch ;)

You have to ruin my dream don't you! :(
Tue 05/02/02 at 10:20
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
er-no wrote:
> day - I dunno - take a couple more days of February, nobody gives a monkeys
> about this month anyway.

I do its my birthday at the end of this month.

There is just not enough time for gamers, I want to
> go back and play the games I used to love as a child again! How can I possibly
> do this? Without time? I wish I had 'Bernards Watch', I am jealous of
> him.

You wouldnt be able to play games with bernards watch because the images on the TV would freeze as soon as you depress the button on the watch ;)
Tue 05/02/02 at 09:56
Regular
"everyone says it"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> I'm only in 6th form two full days a week, PLENTY of time to play games

How is this possible? What do you have as subjects on your timetable?

Luckily, every tuesday I don't have to be in till about 11.30, sadly, it takes a while getting there but for the moment I am still in my PJ's.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.